Thank you for placing your Apple Store order.

Soldato
Monstermunch said:
Look at it this way, if you compare what spec PC you could buy for the same cost as a Mac then, the PC will always win hands down!
Since they've gone intel they're not too far off now - and remember you're getting a great form factor, OS X, and simplicity (not having to put it together or install OS etc)

fini

Associate
Mr Spew said:
And last twice as long.
Last twice as long!............. what are all of you people bumming up MAC's for. They're overpriced and overrated typewriters that just happen to have a nice OSX.

A PC is generally 10x more compatible and has more resources available for it at cheaper prices. Plus with the added bonus that you can play games on them!

Apart from the OSX, the only thing that Mac's have going for them is that Apple still own the rights, which means wherever you go to buy one of them you are pricing like for like, whereas with PC's you actually have to know about computers to make sure you're not getting ripped off!

Last edited:
Soldato
Monstermunch said:
Last twice as long!............. what are all of you people bumming up MAC's for. They're overpriced and overrated typewriters that just happen to have a nice OSX.

Don't even get me started on Mac OS. You people disgust me. The day I buy a computer for form over function is the day I start shaving my armpits.

Soldato
Monstermunch said:
A PC is generally 10x more compatible and has more resources available for it at cheaper prices. Plus with the added bonus that you can play games on them!
Ever heard of bootcamp?

fini

Associate
I have a client who has one of those big white monitor macs and the things takes so long to move from program to program it's unreal. I don't think he notices it's that slow but it would do my head in!

Another client had a silver mac powerbook and last time he wanted me to use it he had what appeared to be about 50 screens open... I don't think he'd shut it down in months but it did seem very stable.

pip

pip

Associate
im forced to use macs in my studio at uni. fair enought hey look nice, but why does that matter for a computer? i mean we have about 30 macs in my studio, only one of them is reliable and stable, and thats the the most expensive one there, the G5; which does cost about £3k. the rest are slow and unstable.
for the money you can get a PC that is much faster. so why buy one.
apple used to be about standing out from the crown, now they just are the crowd.

one last thing, what is the use in a one button mouse?

Soldato
pip said:
im forced to use macs in my studio at uni. fair enought hey look nice, but why does that matter for a computer? i mean we have about 30 macs in my studio, only one of them is reliable and stable, and thats the the most expensive one there, the G5; which does cost about £3k. the rest are slow and unstable.
for the money you can get a PC that is much faster. so why buy one.
apple used to be about standing out from the crown, now they just are the crowd.

i agree with that, they are very unstable in my studios in college too, and they are clean and free of crap.

pip said:
one last thing, what is the use in a one button mouse?

thats why theres now a two buttoned mouse, with a scroll wheel, by apple :rolleyes:

Associate
Neon said:
thats why theres now a two buttoned mouse, with a scroll wheel, by apple :rolleyes:
But of course, if you listen to the Mac fanboys, the Apple mouse is far superior to anything currently available for PC's. :rolleyes:

Associate
Apple hardware doesn't really excite me tbh but I love OSX. If only they would release it for normal PCs I'm sure many people would move over to using it.

<dreams> PC + OSX running firefox </dreams>

Caporegime
G.O.A.T said:
Apple hardware doesn't really excite me tbh but I love OSX. If only they would release it for normal PCs I'm sure many people would move over to using it.

<dreams> PC + OSX running firefox </dreams>

You can use osx on normal pcs now that they use intel cpus. Considering this I find it hard to understand why people buy macs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are there so many clueless people in this thread? :eek:

Energize said:
You can use osx on normal pcs now that they use intel cpus. Considering this I find it hard to understand why people buy macs.
It's illegal (or atleast against the OSX EULA) to run OSX on non-Apple hardware.

Apple use - pretty much - exactly the same hardware in their intel systems as any other off-the-shelf system. You can buy other laptops with the same intel Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz processor (which is NOT a dual core Pentium 4, and CANNOT be compared to one with regards to GHz), the same RAM, the same graphics card and hard drive as the base model MacBook Pro. What you won't get is the fantastic Apple software out of the box, a one inch thick laptop with a sleek, stylish aluminium finish and you'll struggle to get it for the same price as the MacBook Pro (double the price? You've got to be joking!). That is why people buy Macs; because they are PC's, they use the same hardware as PC's but look better and come with better software... often for the same price.

You can connect any two button mouse you like to a mac and you'll be able to use it right from the off. You're not doomed to single button mousing if your purchase a mac. If you must use Windows on your brand new intel mac, you can use Boot Camp and it will work without a hitch.

av. :)

Back
Top Bottom