"Thanks"

Soldato
I really don't think it will ever happen, it's a nice sentiment though.
AJUK said:
........perhaps some gift vouchers that could be used towards the cost of some new hardware.
Definitely won't happen. Someone will have to pay for that, so who? I can't see it being Spie, considering not so long ago we were asked how we felt about costs being recouped via paying for certain types of access or features (which I was in favour of).

Personally I don't see the need for it. I would much rather have someone who I have helped say thanks (just in the thread or if they would prefer by email) than a 'thanks' rating against my name. I would think too it wouldn't make any difference to how members are perceived here either. We all have people we like or have respect for on the boards and those we do not (especially the more established or helpful members of the community), I don't think that it would influence how I think of them at all.

Soldato
nice idea, but trust does the job imo

as for karma used that before, i was petty and fell out with this fella on another forum, was even more petty by reducing his karma every time i saw him post

this pettyness would ruin the whole system, only positive options would be fine

Associate
not sure about karma. Couple of forums I go on use it and its a bit ridiculous with people +ve karma people for no point what so ever. Cliques form then etc.

Surely a thanks system is essentially just a karma system with another name?

Back
Top Bottom