That time of year again :(

Soldato
Indeed, nothing ditch finder about the KU31 ... funnily the ditch finders (ie Chinese stuff) was only a £2-3 cheaper than the Kuhmos

yup, the prices are mental. proper scary tyres for £x or kumhos for £x+£3

the kumhos are good, make sure you post back on here when youve put a few miles on them because im sure no one beleives me when i praise them

Associate
They're getting wise to the fact people can buy good quality rubber on the web for the same price as their wangchong funsters so bum people on price accordingly :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
be glad you don't live in northern europe. £170 bought me 1 winter tyre this time last year ;)

on that note, anyone want 4 conti TS810 17"s with loads of tread? :p

Associate
Kuhmo KU31s are a cracking tyre for the price, a mile away from LingLong ditch finders.

Im looking at them for my next tyre purchase. Only heard good things so far and I cant complain about my current tyres either. Kumho KH11 currently, dry grip has been spot on, wet weather grip and even the snow last year they performed well. The only time they seem to struggle is when its cold and damp.

Soldato
Have Kuhmo improved a lot then over the last few years? Last I heard they were down with Nankang.

Never actually had them myself, just going off what I heard in the past.

I'm currently running Continental contact 3, pretty poor from what I have seen so far.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm currently running Continental contact 3, pretty poor from what I have seen so far.

i presume they're EcoContact 3s, and not SportContact 3s?
because the latter are one of the best tyres available.

although EcoContact 3s don't rate too badly either

Soldato
i tried a set based on a review i saw on briskoda.

the guy gave a very indepth write up saying how they were nicer than sportcontact2's

i gave it a shot because i like trying new things and i was totally bowled over

they were a league ahead of the paradas i had just had and now im on my second set 2 years later. ive recommended them to other golf/audi friends and they think theyre great too. the reputation is slowly picking up

an excellent tyre, no question about it.

Soldato
i presume they're EcoContact 3s, and not SportContact 3s?
because the latter are one of the best tyres available.

although EcoContact 3s don't rate too badly either

GF had ecocontacts on her fiesta and that would get really squirrley on greasy roundabouts. i got a set of kumhos on her fiesta and now the levels of grip are just daft

Soldato
OP
Well, at least I picked the perfect time to get new tyres ... as I've just picked up a slow puncture on one of mine :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom