*** The 2010 Gym Rats Thread ***

Associate
^ cutting...I would ditch the potatoe's totally along with the couscous and up the protein a bit. Put eggs in the morning and just have a whey shake before bed (or cottage cheese or both). I would also drop the oats in morning to 50g.

Associate
How much do you weigh? I think that might be a little low to start with.

I would add some red meat, oily fish, or nuts for some more good fats.

Soldato
^ cutting...I would ditch the potatoe's totally along with the couscous and up the protein a bit. Put eggs in the morning and just have a whey shake before bed (or cottage cheese or both). I would also drop the oats in morning to 50g.

This. Lower the carbs slightly and then up the fats. Not sure what the macro's of humous are like? Olive oil is a good option for fats.

It's deffinatley a good starting block to drop to for a week or two and then tweak from there and see how your body seems to be responding.

Edit: This is what I used back in March:

Breakfast:

3 x Large Free Range Eggs - 300
100mls SS milk - 50
salt, pepper, ketchup - 40?
2 x tsp Olive Oil - 80
1 x tsp butter - 40
1 x Apple - 100

Approx 610 cals
Lunch:

The following is divided into 7 Portions to last the week:

2 Whole Cooked Chickens
3 Cans of Tuna
400grams of Turkey Breast
1 x Can of Salmon
2 x 'Curly' Lettuce
200 - 300 Grams of Spinach Leaves
1 x Bunch of Celery
3-4 x Grated Carrots
1 X Whole Cucumber
1 x Red Pepper
1 X Yellow Pepper
1 X Green Pepper
2 x Avocado's
+ 2 Tomatos each portion

It works out at around 500 grams per portion possibly a little less. This portion will now likely be consumed in two stages due to lack of food volume! So half and then 90-120 minutes later the other half
Dinner

Always 250 grams of mixed veg - 250
Ketchup - 50

With:
2 Chicken Breasts - 300
100 grams Mackerel - 250
100 grams Salmon - 160
250 grams Mined Beef - 440
250 grams Minced Turkey - 250

Meal varying between 450-750 calories
Post WO & Pre Bed Shakes
Post WO:
25 grams whey + tsp cinamon + 20 grams oats- 200
Pre Bed:
25 grams Pharma Blend 6-8Hr - 100

300 calories total.
Snacks
Humous & Celery/ Carrot sticks - ?
Mixed Nuts - Not if I can help it! **** loads of calories!
Canned Mackerel fillets - 250
Tangerines/Satsuma's - ?

Total: 1860-2160 per day dependant upon evening meal, without snacks. Most days I am now in the workshops on my feet all day. Including a 15 minute walk there, mostly uphill.

Hope this is of some help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spotted you on the Stronglifts blog the other day DS, good work. :cool:

Very nice work DS:)
Thanks guys :)

It's supposed to be my week off but I went in any way.

Stupid frigging squats :mad:

Hit a new pb at 140kg * 9 clean reps but I so had that 10th. So much that I just held it midway for a solid 6-7 seconds. Just gutted :( So I tried again few mins after and I did 8 and just stopped, pfffft. Light weight.

Man of Honour
Gym abstinence ended today, felt good. Sure I only technically went without for one extra day, but I need my fix. 2nd B day of 10s in HST, felt really strong so increased some of the weights.

Front squat 95kg 10x2
SLDL 142.5kg 10x1, 150kg 10x1 - was still comfortable
Bench 90kg 10x2 - easy, but still looking after my shoulder
BOR 90kg 10x2
Arnold press 30kg 10x2
Close Grip Bench Press 75kg 10x1, 80kg 10x1 still easy somehow
EZ bar curls - don't remember the weights, maybe 40kg 12x2, more doing it for injury prevention
Calf raises - didn't bother. Did some power cleans instead but was pretty tired so called it a day at 100kg after some lighter triples.

Man of Honour
Good god....

I went to Holland and Barret to buy some of their whey protein as I'm all out until next week so got some of theirs to keep me going until then, and as a backup.

Banana flavour supposedly. Banana wrapped in sewage more like it! It tastes awful :(

Soldato
Good god....

I went to Holland and Barret to buy some of their whey protein as I'm all out until next week so got some of theirs to keep me going until then, and as a backup.

Banana flavour supposedly. Banana wrapped in sewage more like it! It tastes awful :(

You get what you pay for :p

A lad on my level 3 who was a bit of a n00b had some he also 'Just want to be 18 stone and worry about building muscle later' :confused: It looked and smelt like ****! I'm sure for anyone that does use it it suffices but BSD do unflavoured kilo's cheaper than the Bodyfortress tubs.

Man of Honour
Indeed, you get what you pay for :(

It doesn't even mix well, I was shaking it for about 2 minutes and it was still lumpy. 13.99 for 1kg is a rip off too. Oh well, it's better than going without and it was bugging me waking up in the mornings with no whey

Man of Honour
Yeah H&B are great for other supplements

I picked up my Odourless Garlic, Multivitamin and Zinc+Magnesium tablets up from there, with the offers they had all that cost me £11, and that will last me 5-6 months :)

Caporegime
not trained in over a month now maybe ever two (lost count), due to slight injury then after that healed the snow and cold (-18 at one point) came, then i became ill for a few days.

do you think i should be able to lift the same i was before i stopped? or i should take it easy and not try and injure myself again lol?

i managed to get a shedload of more equipment whilst ive been off and its all begging to be used.

i checked up on bodybuilding.com about painting / repainting equipment and they recommend rustoleum.

i got 2 of these as a primer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rust-Oleum-...3PUY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1293632507&sr=8-9

and 2 of this as the top coat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/400ml-Paint...3PH2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1293632610&sr=1-2.

recommend throughly cleaning your equipment before using the primer with a wire brush, sandpaper or sandbelt machine first. paint hasn't arrived yet and its still too cold to think about painting equipment outside so it will have to wait for a while still.

just thought i'd let you guys know in case you have some 2nd hand or old equipment that needs touching up.

what needs painted?

dumbells 1kg to 45 kg (excluding 12.5kg to 25kg range)
olympic barbell 7 foot
190kg of olympic weights
olympic weight and barbell rack/stand
6 kettlebells

i dont know if 2 cans of each spray paint will be enough, but i didnt want to overspend (broke from christmas, buying equipment and buying an engagement ring)

i also went and got some nice casual gear to wear to improve motivation from my time off. UFC hoodies, UFC t shirts and

http://www.ufcstore.eu/detail.php?p=270373&v=ufcuk_ufc_womens_warmup-suits

for my fiancée lol.

you can get a 10% discount if you sign up to their newsletter and it comes off the sale stuff as well. well worth a look, i managed to get another UFC hoodie from JD sports on boxing day £25 down from £50 (yes i was bargain hunting in the sales).

just charging up my ipod so i can get into the garage for a long awaited comeback.

Back
Top Bottom