*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I couldnt fathom lifting 140kg in stone format :p fantastic mate

It's amazing how different pulling 140kg stone up is compared to a barbell. It's like it's twice as heavy.

Impressive stuff Morba, I bet you have a few scrapes and bruises from that ;)

Yeah forearms are a mess! Red raw and ready for big bruising to come up in a day or two lol
biceps are bruised, knees and teardrops are bruised also :D

It's nasty looking, along with body feeling like a crippled pensioner, but damn it feels good haha

GAC

GAC

Soldato
watching last night thor looked a beast although eddie hall's a monster on the over heard press using just his arms and shoulders if he gets his technique in god only knows what he'd be up to.

did a good squat as well even with a tight hammy string. (or whatever he did to his leg). was a good showing if he stays injury free he should make next years final i bet with more strongman specific training as he admitted he'd been doing mainly bodybuilding stuff.

Soldato
I watch some random team championship contest thing, ed hall and some other bloke deadlifting 600kg as a pair. For some reason they had ed hall down as 39 years old, pretty sure he's only 24!

Caporegime
Yeah I've had a little chat to Ty, he started working for a door company just as I stopped working for them so might have had some cross over with him when I was over in Wales :)
Seems a nice bloke, so take advantage of his knowledge of where to train :)

Caporegime
Rbh though thats something I need to work on. I've been started to be called Steptoe and Diesel because I do everything pretty slow, no explosive strength just 1 speed and get the job done lol. Must change that!

Associate
Im in need of gaining weight and bulking up a little. Weight 10st and 6ft so very slim and a hard gainer, Eat loads but never gain anything.

Would love to join the gym but with my current job i have no time. My neighbour is pretty much giving away this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3358230.htm which i might go for. I know its a little crappy and id be far better joining the gym but its a start.

Can anyone give me a daily routine that which includes the following:

Weight stack 65.8kg providing 90kg maximum resistance.
Bench press.
Butterfly press.
Pec dec.
Leg extension.
Arm curl.
Low rowing.
Triceps press.
Chest press.
Back leg curl.
Lat pull down.

Am i best to start with high weight and lower reps or the other way around??

Any advice would be appreciated as im a complete noob to all this.

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom