*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Im in need of gaining weight and bulking up a little. Weight 10st and 6ft so very slim and a hard gainer, Eat loads but never gain anything.

i take it from your sig your on the bike a lot ??

if so work out exactly what you eat day to day and how many cal's it is as i bet your not eating as much as you think you are. especially if your active.

Associate
i take it from your sig your on the bike a lot ??

if so work out exactly what you eat day to day and how many cal's it is as i bet your not eating as much as you think you are. especially if your active.

Yeah bike pretty much everyday - Do eat well though dont think i could physically eat more.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well work out exactly what you take in as far as cal's and how far you cycle every day as i wouldnt be surprised if your eating less than you actually think.

Soldato
No Delvis, he's probably like many people and thinks a Bach sandwich for breakfast, a packet of crisps and chocolate bar for lunch and a plate of chips for dinner is a lot of food :p i had a mate that reckoned he ate a lot of food. Good him to tally up his daily intake, and it was around 1200kcals.... No wonder he's been like 8 - 9 stone til his mid 20s!

Associate
Guys, I've started doing squats again after a couple of months off due to other commitments.

I'm getting the usual DOMS in my thighs but my ass is absolutely killing me as well lol

Is this normal? Never used to get soreness in that region!

Associate
No Delvis, he's probably like many people and thinks a Bach sandwich for breakfast, a packet of crisps and chocolate bar for lunch and a plate of chips for dinner is a lot of food :p i had a mate that reckoned he ate a lot of food. Good him to tally up his daily intake, and it was around 1200kcals.... No wonder he's been like 8 - 9 stone til his mid 20s!

Everyday I eat

4.30 - bowl of porridge
Don't eat at work
1.30 - 2 x full English breakfasts everyday
16.00 - 17.00 - Small chicken breast or jacket potato
20.00 - 21.00 - Tuna pasta or pasta bake sometimes a steak

I snack inbetween aswell

Not worked it out but I'd of thought that's enough

Man of Honour
Everyday I eat

4.30 - bowl of porridge
Don't eat at work
1.30 - 2 x full English breakfasts everyday
16.00 - 17.00 - Small chicken breast or jacket potato
20.00 - 21.00 - Tuna pasta or pasta bake sometimes a steak

I snack inbetween aswell

Not worked it out but I'd of thought that's enough

Are the full english breakfasts necessary? I mean it will be a lot of calories, but saturated fat city!

Man of Honour
That's not a lot of food.

This isn't a flame, but by what logic did you think that was enough? You said you were a "hard gainer", and that you never gain anything regardless of how much you eat... Surely that fairly obviously makes no sense?

Just do sets where 8-12 reps is almost failure, and then get a gym membership as that machine will be net to useless.

Permabanned
That's not a lot of food.

This isn't a flame, but by what logic did you think that was enough? You said you were a "hard gainer", and that you never gain anything regardless of how much you eat... Surely that fairly obviously makes no sense?

Just do sets where 8-12 reps is almost failure, and then get a gym membership as that machine will be net to useless.

^^^^^ Listen to this man

You are in need of a reality check J273 what you eat is poor and far from a lot. You wont gain anything training on a home gym type machine. They dont make a single multi station machine to my knowledge that offers enough resistance to get to what most would want to achieve physique wise. At l;east not for less money than a good cage/bench/cable/oly bar setup.

Permabanned
By the way i thought id post this diet, i got my brother doing it for a while to bulk up, he is a fairly hard gainer naturally lean (total £"$"£$) this was a result of a gradual increase in cals and him wanting to keep fats down, he is ion the low 80kg range. Btw this is also what i call a brute force diet, it isnt pretty but it works

shake/milk/oats (pint of)
2 bannanas
Wholemeal toast 6 scrambled eggs 4 whites added
Whole chicken (tesco delhi style)
large salad bowl undressed
shake/water
large pot of full fat greek yoghurt
200g brown rice 2 whole chicken breasts

gym

shake/water
whole chicken (same as AM)
Large jacket or sweet potato
wafer ham and slice of cheese
Shake/milk
Sleep

That is what it took for him to gain.

Permabanned
Ive just had a thought, do you think most hard gainers cant gain cos they cant justify the cost of food? or afford i suppose in many cases. I mean i hate food, im one of those "give me a pill and let me get back to work" people, and spending £20+ per day on food i dont enjoy is annoying, but i have goals. and a job. I wonder if your typical beginner, skinny, 19 or so, not popular with the ladies, student perhaps finding himself in a competitive environment. I mean are they ever going to succeed anyway? Just my thoughts leaking out as always.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Start of CBL, no carbs today, ain't so bad.

IMG_0509_zpsbdf0b11a.jpg

Caporegime
yeah but, in principle, 18+ years of mental conditioning to eat X amount, how do you justify the massive hike in spend? Plus skinny guys have an irrational feat of getting fat. Its interesting thats all

My mother was anorexic, i think in a way i suffered from the same mental aspects when i was younger although on a far smaller scale. I was scared to eat too much in case i got 'fat' again, i also had major self confidence issues.

After steedie slapt me and made me change my food up, i was eating more (in terms of physical food) yet i was losing weight initially but leaning out. I now feel amazing for it.

Its just a matter of realising it really and not being scared of the food and eating.

Soldato
Its just a matter of realising it really and not being scared of the food and eating.

i need to get my brother to realize that ASAP... :) he's 6'1 skinny and weights 11st - for comparison i am 5'9 and weight 11st!

he is starting gym with me on Thursday, all he wants to do is lose the "flabby" belly, but i think he needs stop thinking about losing weight and focus on gaining weight :) and everyone - i really mean a lot of people say he is skinny and he needs to gain weight and i think his gf might have changed his thinking a bit and he is talking about food a bit more now.. before it was only 'diet and gym" - he already consumes less than 2k calories a day.

we'll see how it goes for him but i kinda need to force him to eat properly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom