*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yup I'm getting on it for NYE aswell. Going to a big event in Bristol, theme is apocalypse vs paradise so trying to hash together some kind of raving mad max outfit as we speak! I'll try grinding on sloots to maintain my test levels, if I say it's for medical reasons I'm sure they won't mind!

Real talk though, I was thinking of chucking some xtend in a shaker to see if it works as a hangover cure. Any theorisation on the matter? I always chug as much water as possible before going to bed and that normally works quite well. Think my housemate has some milk thistle actually......

Last edited:
Soldato
Real talk though, I was thinking of chucking some xtend in a shaker to see if it works as a hangover cure. Any theorisation on the matter? I always chug as much water as possible before going to bed and that normally works quite well. Think my housemate has some milk thistle actually......
Tried and tested cure and I mean tested to the limits lol! :D

Helps to keep yourself hydrated in the day, goes without saying.
Hour before you go out:
2g-4g Taurine in 1 pint of water
Some B-vitamins (optional, won't hurt)
While you are out try to remember at some point to drink a pint of water
On getting home before bed take another 2g Taurine in water

I've done this for all-nighters and been fine while everyone else involved spent the next couple of days feeling like death. The missus now dives into my supplement cupboard for the Taurine before going out :)

Associate
Love my gym great community between around 10 people who go really regular and consistent, we can make a much noise as we want because its usually just us. Sometimes we do some silly things thou :D Today 6 of us opened up and we went onto do some really heavy lat pull downs way above our weight some of us even stuck dumbbell on top of the weight stack to add to it 10-25kg. It's a wonder the cable didn't snap but we were still doing high reps 3-5 then a few more assisted I Managed 100kgx4 90kgx6 80kgx8 myself :D

Also got the pleasure of trying to work out how to do pull-throughts with a very nice looking lady :D She is getting into bodybuilding and some power lifting, prepping for a show in April so not as heavy weight but she's managed a 120kg dead lift 70x5 Squat and a 47.5kg bench over the past few months. 2xbw dead I think :D Here's a pic she got done in a little photo shoot recently, a little new years treat for ocuk :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soldato
Tried and tested cure and I mean tested to the limits lol! :D

Helps to keep yourself hydrated in the day, goes without saying.
Hour before you go out:
2g-4g Taurine in 1 pint of water
Some B-vitamins (optional, won't hurt)
While you are out try to remember at some point to drink a pint of water
On getting home before bed take another 2g Taurine in water

I've done this for all-nighters and been fine while everyone else involved spent the next couple of days feeling like death. The missus now dives into my supplement cupboard for the Taurine before going out :)

Taurine, intredasting! Don't have anything exotic to hand unfortunately but I'll bare it in mind for the future.

As an aside, I've noticed a massive difference in my hangovers since properly weight training and sorting my diet. In my late Uni years I would be dead to the world for at least 24 hours, now I'm generally OK'ish by the afternoon assuming I'm not black out vomit covered shirt drunk.

Soldato
My general rule of thumb when going out is once I break the seal I try and have half a pint of water of every pint I drink, really helps for me.

Associate
Temi_D; said:
Should have offered her some one-on-one fully hands-on sessions to improve her form, nom sayin ;)

Haha it was hard not to, more of a you watch me and I'll watch you :D We squat often and it's always nice when she helps you load and unload the weight. :D

Associate
She's not a fitness model (Yet) Just a local who likes to train ;)

Is it possible to change the location of a video so I can show you her deadlift Pb she got last week? =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom