THE 50K CHALLENGE: NEW MUSTANG ON THE WAY, BUT WOULD 50K BE BETTER SPENT ON ANOTHER MARQUE?

Soldato
the kit car (if you're not careful with assembly) will be rattly and cheap looking......................but so is the Hyundai, it's just cheap plastic inside you have no choice, but the Hot Rod can be anything you want..............ANYTHING, the only limit is your imagination

Are you going to buy a hotrod now?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Litchfield are well trusted and like you say for £120 saving, that £120 is worth having them do it and their stamp in your book.
Well yes entirely affects high value performance cars in that sense as stamps matter or who ever has done tuning matters. Quality parts matter etc.

Depreciation will always happen to some extent on cars there is no coming away from that. It's a bit like bitcoin some cars will appreciate so much when they were cheap, though once an economic crash occurs or the bubble bursts it'll all come crashing down.

Enjoy while you can I say.

Last service:

1 Hours labour - £65
Oil (5 Litres) - £56.65
Drain Washer - £1.26
Screen wash (lol this one always ****** me off) - £1.99
Environmental charge - £5

Total Ex VAT: £143.88
Total inc VAT: £172.66

So if I did it myself I wouldnt even be saving 100 quid. Plus you have the benefit of them having it up on a ramp and might spot something that needs sorting or advise on a potential problem.

Soldato
Last service:

1 Hours labour - £65
Oil (5 Litres) - £56.65
Drain Washer - £1.26
Screen wash (lol this one always ****** me off) - £1.99
Environmental charge - £5

Total Ex VAT: £143.88
Total inc VAT: £172.66

So if I did it myself I wouldnt even be saving 100 quid. Plus you have the benefit of them having it up on a ramp and might spot something that needs sorting or advise on a potential problem.

Again I do agree with you yet you've done your research on ownership, costs involved etc. You could even challenge on prices given. My opinion was of those who buy similar cars with no clue then get ripped off.

Everyone is there to make money though and this is the downside of what is a fair price by a reputable place and what isn't.

Still I will remain adamant that an independent will always be better then main dealer.

Soldato
the crate engine you choose will have to fit their build configurator, or you'll need to get your headers fabricated from scratch :eek: and that'll cost a fortune, about 2.5k...........as well as a modded prop shaft, trans mounts etc.

the advert sais 500hp, but the video 600hp, but what i like about this is no EFI, it's nice and simple and a very strong motor.
http://www.fordcobraengines.com/product/ls3-hot-rod-engine/

i might need to calm down now or open my own thread or Gibbo will start getting fed up with me

Soldato
``i'd rather have the Challenger because it's faster in the 1/4, it does 10.9 but the Factory Five Hot Rod only does 11.7``................``no duuur brain, that Hot Rod only has 420 hp, so of course it'll be slower than the Hellcat......... you can put any engine you want in the Hot rod``.
i love the comments section on Youtube, it's amazing what you read

Back
Top Bottom