1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by tony888, 20 Mar 2010.

1. tony888

Wise Guy

2. Nismo

Capodecina

Title of the thread sums up how worthwhile it is :p

3. reflux

Capodecina

People that ignorant make me want to cry :(

4. vincent1989

Sgarrista

it's hilarious that they don't seem to grasp that films are rated as games, if you wouldn't let your child watch a 12a, 15 or 18 then you shouldn't be buying them the latest GTA, CoD, L4D etc for the exact same reasons.

Children are damaged far more by over exposure to adult situations than they are to games and movies (although these will play a part (but again, certification is there for a reason).

5. D D Danneh

Mobster

Call of Duty 2 Modern Warfare :p

6. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

He's a midget and she's a lesbian. Both need a healthy dose of drive by shooting.

7. Boozebeard

Wise Guy

This kind of thing makes me sick. I might actually make a complaint.

8. Alrik

Mobster

"Should our kids be exposed to violence" :rolleyes: Here is an idea don't buy the games for them no matter how much they whine, cry and complain? There are age ratings for a reason... Games make us violent? That stupid ***** in the middle is making me violent right now, I just wish I could jump through the screen and slap some sense into her ;):D

9. Xinn

Mobster

My word I had to stop myself from raging my monitor to rid it of that woman's ignorance.

10. rp2000

Capo Baston

Do you think your over exposure to playing computer games, at an age rating higher than your age at the time, has caused this anger overload? :p

On a serious note, they did touch on the real issue (assuming everyone can agree watching films or playing games below their respective age ratings is "wrong"), which is Games are interactive, movies are not.

rp2000

11. Ant123

Gangster

I loled at this aswell :D

12. Boozebeard

Wise Guy

I find it ironic that the stereotype of someone who plays alot of video games is a timid freckly "nerd" who probably get bullied and has no friends and yet equally ignorant people also argue that they are the root of all evil and turn children into violent monsters.

13. CliffyBiro

Caporegime

I swear, no more than 10 words had spewed forward from that woman's mouth before I was full of rage. Therefore, Alan Titchmarsh promotes violence.

14. 16-bit

Gangster

You rage you lose.

I lost :(

I feel for the guy having to put up with that.

15. Slogan

Soldato

Old fashioned show for old people, who are just jealous because they don't know how to work the modern consoles. ;)

16. Alrik

Mobster

No I blame it on not being able to tolerate complete idiots :p The games industry does plenty to self regulate itself with parental controls etc, but it's never enough. The simplest way for kids to not play these games is for their parents to be responsible, but I guess thats asking too much when the vocal majority of people are complete and utter morons :o

17. CliffyBiro

Caporegime

The audience was just as bad as the bint in the middle.

18. knowlesy

Mobster

teehee :D

omg alans comment of "but its at home" omg

that women omg serious ... promting rage

theres a proven link of people who play games eg tetris you improve your your noggins ability as well as can deal with emotion better than none gamers jeeez :rolleyes: (cant find the source for the last one)

I had the best one the other day from my cousins wife, "my mate bought her (13 year old son here) cod mw 2 and then the next day he became violent, depressive and didnt leave his room" yeah sure hes 13 no hormones there, maybe just in a mood or the fact that hes playing a game that is 5 years over than him. I simply laughed at her

19. Boozebeard

Wise Guy

I loled when the woman said something like "i am against violence for entertainment" and everyone clapped. As if I'm supposed to believe that every single person in that audience never watches any tv shows movies or reads any books that contain any kind of violence. Idiots.

The fact that people who don't know anything about video games think that they are qualified to take part on in a debate on them is ridiculous.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2010
  20. chris_uk333

Wise Guy

Lol that blonde women fails.