The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Caporegime
I personally think it's all caused by an Alien Wizard, which is also why some wealthy men have the urge to sleep with many women. See Tiger Woods as an example.

Soldato
"A recent study shows that no matter what race, nationality or area they live in, kids who play videogames are more violent"

I'm betting that's more to do with the fact that the parents are letting them play rated games, and so the parents aren't actually as good parents as the ones that don't let their kids play violent games. It's probably little to do with the games themselves.

Associate
If you asked those people if they would take part in a debate about the bible, without ever reading the bible, then I would expect they would say no. The fact they think they can debate on the topic of video games when they clearly have an extremely limited experience of them is a joke and defies all rationality.

Soldato
teehee :D

omg alans comment of "but its at home" omg

This got me too... can they not watch DVDs at home????

These middle class, uneducated idiots sum up the publics perception of videogames..

All they see is COD or L4D in the papers and assume all videogames are like that.

What about games like Portal or Super Mario Galaxy?
I've played both and I'm 28... and I loved them.

And why shoot the guy down... not once did he get any acknowledgment for his valid points, Ratings are there for a reason.. exactly the same as movie ratings.

How often do you hear parents saying.. "oh yes we're taking little Jimmy to see Hostel tonight.." Never. But you will hear of them buying little Jimmy Slaughterhouse or GTA5...

Its not the industry's fault... its the narrow minded parents who are to blame.

If you dont keep an eye of yours kids and what they are doing... then its your fault.
Stop trying to shoulder the blame on other people for your ignorance.

Soldato
The gaming guy held strong throughout. I would have raged all over the stage if i were him. I mean, my rage juice would be, like, everywhere tbh.

Soldato
They make the point about interactivity but my friends and I used to play in the garden with sticks for guns shooting each other, how is that any different?

Kids have been playing war in the garden/at school/in the park for decades how is it any worse now?

Computer games just require less imagination

Caporegime
They make the point about interactivity but my friends and I used to play in the garden with sticks for guns shooting each other, how is that any different?

Kids have been playing war in the garden/at school/in the park for decades how is it any worse now?

Computer games just require less imagination

I remember playing 'Soldier, Soldier' (Robson Green) in the playground at primary school. :p

Soldato
Shocking talk show, as mentioned don't know how the guy kept his cool, (mustn't of played many video games!).

My mum and dad let me play the first GTA when it came out and I was 13/14. Pretty bad parenting looking back but they didn't really know what was going on in the games. I never to this day felt like killing anyone or have even been tempted to steal a car or murder a hooker.

When I am a parent I don't think I'll let my children play 18 rated games until they're at least 16 and I hope that I'd still be enjoying games myself so I will be able to play alongside them.

For that video to **** off all video games really undervalues the good that games can do, for instance playing Sim City, Theme Park and Ultimate Soccer Manager really helped me with maths and understanding financial apsects (Loans, Overdrafts, etc.)

Associate
It absolutely disgusts me with these types of arguments. I take my hat off to the guy because if i was in his position because i wouldn't have held back on the other guests.

It's really a discredit to the entire games industry/gaming population when people seem to wrongly think the majority must be inherently violent.

Back
Top Bottom