The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Soldato
What a piece of crap that was. Did make me a little angry. However in their defence, the whole show is aimed at 50+ year old women, who are most likely going to agree with the line they've taken about video games r bad mmkay; it was only ever going to go that way. Clearly set up. I feel sorry for the CVG guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
The gamer guy tried really hard, he fought a good fight against an extremely biased and misinformed opposition

He should have mentioned that it is normally the parents buying the 'evil violent games' for the 10 year old kid anyway

Soldato
Stupid woman, calling us sexist!? She should know her place.

Agree.....If she was my wife and she EVER....EVER stepped out of the kitchen - I'd throw a frag grenade her way and shout "back in your hole"

On a serious note.

I cannot believe that guy actually got boo'd says a lot about the people in the audience and the demographic.....I actually had to check the calendar to make sure I was living in the right year. I'd like to get angry but these people are far to thick to know better.

Last edited:
Associate
Some people just aren't happy if they haven't got something to moan about, or someone to point the finger at and stamp the blame on in their quest of self righteous indignation. They probably read the Daily Mail and froth at the mouth when they read that our children are playing these evil games made by nasty evil people.

Some people just can't handle change either, and to suggest that children being violent towards each other or at worst murdering each other solely because of games (No smoke without fire eh?) is worryingly deluded and fails to address the true underlying issues as to why some children have such troubled upbringings.

Amused me that Kelvin McKenzie suggested that the Bulger murderers were "affected" by games, does he really think that playing games, especially those that were around in 1993, could drive a sane human being to kill a toddler and in the way they did? Obviously underlying mental conditions and a woeful upbringing, but hey ho, that's the British tabloid press. Old dear Dorethy or Jim the village reading their Daily Mail or watching this dire program just lap it up.

The games expert kept a cool head amongst the morons, well done to him in that respect, it's almost a pointless task on his part though, he'd never be able to convince some of the people they have in their audience, suprise they didn't start shouting requesting him to be stoned to death for his crimes against children.

Associate
Wow....this is shockingly bad. Bias, uninformed bandwagon idiots preaching like they know what they are talking about.....

I would get angry if it wasn't so so so bad. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will see there was a pre set agenda. The poor guy never had a chance, but I applaud his calm, collected and very well informed approach to the onslaught

Soldato
The sheer ignorance of it all makes me laugh. The much discussed scene from MW2 was as emotive and effective in demonstrating how bad war actually is as any film I've seen. And you didn't have to fire. And you didn't even need see it.

How hard does the video game industry have to work before parents actually realise that when a game is rated 15 or 18, it might not actually be suitable for their 12 year old? You know, like a film? I fail to see how watching Saw would be less worse than playing Call of Duty just because it's interactive.

(I do wonder if Titchmarsh et al own a Wii and happily play their video games...)

Caporegime
Watched about 5 mins of it and turned it off especially after that blonde bint started talking...what a load of crap she came out with....its funny because yesterday i was trading in some games and some woman had picked up GTA4...obviously the guy at the counter asked if she was buying for herself...unlikely:p or for someone else...she said it was for her 11 yr old son. The guy then pointed out that its an 18 game but the woman raged and said well he wants it so heres my money etc etc...he called the manager out who then told her by law he wasnt willing to sell it to her...her face was like thunder when she walked out.

So if anything its the parents that are to be blamed for allowing their kids to play such games...i wouldnt let my kids, if i had any play any violent sort of games..my bro is very strict on his 6 yr old son...whos been begging him to get COD MW2.

Perhaps that blonde idiot should stick to advising how women can please their man better in bed than talk crap about videogames...so out of touch its not even funny.

Associate
Watched about 5 mins of it and turned it off especially after that blonde bint started talking...what a load of crap she came out with....

it really was quite painful to watch. Games, like movies have ratings which clearly set the age range which should be playing it. The laws are clear and as far as I know the retailers do their bit to stop sales to underages. Its then all down to the parents.

Associate
So if anything its the parents that are to be blamed for allowing their kids to play such games...i wouldnt let my kids, if i had any play any violent sort of games..my bro is very strict on his 6 yr old son...whos been begging him to get COD MW2.

I agree but unfortunately so many are like the woman you saw buying GTA4. Its the same ones whose kids watch too much television and eat too much crap,what ever keeps them quiet.

Soldato
Amused me that Kelvin McKenzie suggested that the Bulger murderers were "affected" by games, does he really think that playing games, especially those that were around in 1993, could drive a sane human being to kill a toddler and in the way they did?

IIRC (I was young myself at the time of the murder) wasn't the horror film Childsplay scapegoat-ed as the cause of the murder? Back then it was video nasties that were the cause of society's ills, now we have a new scapegoat.

Back
Top Bottom