The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Caporegime
IIRC (I was young myself at the time of the murder) wasn't the horror film Childsplay scapegoat-ed as the cause of the murder? Back then it was video nasties that were the cause of society's ills, now we have a new scapegoat.

Yep... Even though they'd earlier pretty much absolved violent films - far more numerous and widely consumed - on the grounds that they aren't interactive. What a load of rubbish.

Soldato
I fully support him.

Parents need a kick up the arse, who the hell lets their kids play 15/18 games? Let alone BUY them for them.

Been doing game marketing in uni this semester, and parents dont understand ratings on games, they take it as a whimsy guide at best.

Caporegime
I was playing MW2 at a friend's house the other night. His 10 year old girl came downstairs and asked to see us kill someone. We paused the game and he sent her back to bed.

It was incredible. It was almost as though we were taking responsibility for what his child was exposed to. I don't know quite how we managed such an incredible feat.

Caporegime
I was playing MW2 at a friend's house the other night. His 10 year old girl came downstairs and asked to see us kill someone. We paused the game and he sent her back to bed.

It was incredible. It was almost as though we were taking responsibility for what his child was exposed to. I don't know quite how we managed such an incredible feat.

Should have killed the kid.

....just a suggestion. :p

Caporegime
What surprised me is that the other guy, not the old guy but the young guy didnt tell her to STFU and go back to writing articles about how to keep your man interested in you after the sex has gone stale.

He just let her talk over him whereas i would have either put my fist in her mouth or taped it shut:p:D

Associate
I was trying to get to sleep when I started thinking about this. Now I'm really ****ed off so I had to come online just to say Alan Titchmarsh is a dick head.

Soldato
Should have killed the kid.

....just a suggestion. :p

:D

The reason why these old timers hate on games so much is because people are afraid of things they no nothing about. If they actually took the time and did some proper research they'd understand them better.

There really shouldn't be an argument here as violent games have certificates on them for a reason.. the real issue is with the parents, not the video games.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem is with these kind of debates is that they normally have 1 guy defending the games and 3 people against him.

What they need to do is have 3 people defending the games. 1 person from a game developing company, a game reviewer and a kid (16-21).

That way they can actually have a proper debate.

Back
Top Bottom