The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Soldato
It annoys me when they talk like this when they have no idea what they are saying - it annoys me more as well that there are rational parents which will be watching this awful show and actually take its views into consideration... :(

Soldato
It annoys me when they talk like this when they have no idea what they are saying - it annoys me more as well that there are rational parents which will be watching this awful show and actually take its views into consideration... :(

what can any parent take into consideration for this?
dont buy your kids violent games, if the kid wants it they can buy it themselves.
Easy.

Associate
when i was younger i was allowed to watch violent films within reason so and i aint not psycho stabbing people in the head over a cheater on css etc so i think its a load of tripe i think the person has to have mental issues beforehand, i mean ive played GTA series and i have no urge to machete someone or get a hooker in my car and killer her for the money etc just so pointless

Caporegime
I saw films with sex in before I was in puberty, didn't change my view of it though, in the same way watching die hard or playing mw2 doesn't make me want to go shoot an airport up.

People who act on films/games have some serious mental issues, they're just using films/games as a scapegoat.

Soldato
I WILL TALK OVER YOU TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.

Did nobody listen what he said that some games are rated for adults and shouldnt be played by kids?

No no no no no.... we cant blame the parents can we.

Stupid bunch of old audience members who are nearly dead anyway who have no interest in anything other than gardening.

TRAMPS.

Caporegime
The video was a sad site but in a way not suprising that mass media still has this kneejerk view of videogames. The problem is for all the guys like him making good sensible points, all it takes is one woman like her to go "Think of the children!" and suddenly all the OAPs and soccer moms are on her side.

Also i don't see how a fud like Titchmarsh suddenly gets the idea of doing a debate show, esp one about video games.

thing is...video games are stealing audiences from good wholesome TV...

you think tv people are going to come out and say, 'hey guys - play more computer games its fine' when their livelihood depends on them promoting the TV programming...

Caporegime
when i was younger i was allowed to watch violent films within reason so and i aint not psycho stabbing people in the head over a cheater on css etc so i think its a load of tripe i think the person has to have mental issues beforehand, i mean ive played GTA series and i have no urge to machete someone or get a hooker in my car and killer her for the money etc just so pointless

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Caporegime
Just seen the video of the Alan Titchmarsh show :mad:

:mad::mad::mad:

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Peasgood that stupid, blonde bint on the show has done some voice acting for a survival horror game - Martian Gothic: Unification (no I've never heard of it either). Odd that her objections to violent games didn't stop her taking money for appearing in one ;)

Last edited:
Associate
"I am categorically against violence as a form of entertainment."

I hope she can identify these forms of entertainment first, as there is plenty of violence in mainstream television, which i'm sure she will watch.

Soldato
Don't we ultimately need these people though?

It'll be a sad day when violent video games are no longer controversial and 'misunderstood' by lunatic puritans.

Back
Top Bottom