Poll: *** The All New Windows AV Thread - Keep All AV Questions in Here ***

What AV do you use?

• Total voters
Soldato
It keeps popping up even after you try to dump it ? ....do you have system restore on ?...some viruses use system restore to hhang around I think, I have mine set to off.

what site was it you were on ?

Red Tube.

AVG is such a crap program. Why would people design it so that you can't uninstall it? I wish I never downloaded it.

Soldato
Hmm I've been ok with not getting any bugs from there lol, and yeah AVG is pretty crap, will it not even let you delete th programe files ?...I'm also thinking you may have to use an AVG uninstaller, I think you can get a tool to remove AVG from the AVG site ?

Caporegime
Windows program manager, uninstall, avg same as everything else?

You sure you downloaded avg and not a fake version that's another virus?

Soldato
Soldato
The free version of revo will only remove a few files, did you not go and get the AVG removal Tool ?..and if this is going to carry on for a few days...you might as well just do a windows clean install :)

At least you didnt use a credid card on that site, that would be unwise lol

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else had an issue where Windows defender will close when trying to do a full scan?
Quick scan works just fine.
Same thing happens in safe mode.

Associate
Just wandered what anyone’s thoughts were on bitdefender internet security 2018 have pretty much always had Kaspersky Free from Barclays but no longer available

I had put avast aV and zone alarm firewall both free versions on both the wife n mines laptops but to be honest getting sick of the pop banners

Looking for a decent low drain on the resources package and bitdefender se ms to fit in

All thoughts appreciated ,

Ps I’m a pretty savvy pc person having worked for AOL previously so not shy to all things internet, and don’t think I’ve ever had a virus but don’t go to dodgy sites or download things 8 shouldn’t so realise I couple prob just rely on Windows to keep me safe, mainly surf n game offline

But the wife although is more or less a saint, is not very savvy so it’s more for her really

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I recently moved over to Bitdefender IS 18 and I'm pretty impressed to be honest (used Kaspersky IS before through Barclays).

I just leave it on the Autopilot mode and let it do it's thing. No system impact as far as I can tell.

Associate
I recently moved over to Bitdefender IS 18 and I'm pretty impressed to be honest (used Kaspersky IS before through Barclays).

I just leave it on the Autopilot mode and let it do it's thing. No system impact as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the input , I’m def swinging towards it, I’m thinking I might put it on the wife’s laptop , and run mine with Windows defender but after some benching marking install it and compare, for me as long as it doesn’t impact on my games i’ll Be happy

Soldato
What are peoples views on Kaspersky at present?

My Licence expires at the end of them month so i'm wondering whether to stay with them or trying something different, probably Bit Defender. I've been happy with Kaspersky for the last 5 years I've been using them but the news about possible security issues has me slightly concerned.

Soldato
what are Avast playing at ?
need to do some research, but, I assume they are trying to con me into moving from the free home(non-commercial) version I currently use

43831102505_c2e0ee58cb_o_d.jpg

Permabanned
Go on ebay and buy an ESET nod32 license. You can get 3 year licenses for around £7-8. They're reseller licenses and shouldn't be resold, but I liken that to buying a single coke from a mulitpack, still does the job.

Soldato
Go on ebay and buy an ESET nod32 license. You can get 3 year licenses for around £7-8. They're reseller licenses and shouldn't be resold, but I liken that to buying a single coke from a mulitpack, still does the job.

No need just download Bitdefender Free version, you won't know it is there, very light on resources with great detection etc...

Back
Top Bottom