The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you're new to anime, I would suggest watching the more commercial films first, just to get you into the swing of things.

I would suggest you watch in this order: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Ghost In The Shell and then Akira (harder to follow).

Then you can get into the more obscure studio Ghibli films such as My Neighbour Totoro.

As far as series go, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam Wing and Helsing are my favouritres.

Soldato
anime i have seen and like...

cowboy be-bop (series better than movie imo)
outlaw star
evangelion
gundam wing
spirited away
ninja scroll 1&2
ghost in the shell
helsing
vampire hunter D: bloodlust
X - the movie
street fighter 2
sol bianca
akira

Soldato
i'm not sure actually...i think it's one :confused:

the original sol bianca is the one i've seen. I got sol bianca, street fighter 2 and akira on VHS off that auction site for £3 :p

Associate
think thread needs some more ninja scroll pimping!

if you're just getting into anime this is one of the films you need to watch (along with the likes of akira, ghost in the shell etc).

It's, not suprisingly, a ninja based film... set in feudal japan, really well done & really entertaining watch.

.. damnit, i wanna go watch it now, shame im off out soon :p

Soldato
I'm going to cough up for cowboy bebop now but don't know whether to get the JAP or NTSC versions.

I'm not bothered weather it's subbed or dubbed but do want all the aninmes I buy to be the same either JAP or NTSC.

Also theres so many on the stupid auction site that seem to differ how do I know which ones are the correct JAP retail?

bum

bum

Associate
wait for the full box release tbh.

cowboy bebop is great. I hated it at first. left it on my harddisk for few months until I picked it up and watched it in 1 go. very nice series.

got two studio ghilbi movie to watch tonight after coming back from class

Laputa Castle in the Sky and Valley of Wind.

wooo woooo :D

anyone seen the cowboy bebop movie, knock on heaven's door? funny enough I've seen the movie before the series

Soldato
Anyone seen Onegai/please teacher saw some guys talking about the manga release on the previous anime thread anyone know if the DVD is coming out over here anytime soon :confused:

Soldato
Originally posted by bun
wait for the full box release tbh.

cowboy bebop is great. I hated it at first. left it on my harddisk for few months until I picked it up and watched it in 1 go. very nice series.

got two studio ghilbi movie to watch tonight after coming back from class

Laputa Castle in the Sky and Valley of Wind.

wooo woooo :D

anyone seen the cowboy bebop movie, knock on heaven's door? funny enough I've seen the movie before the series

I can get the full boxset now in JAP or NTSC.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by mundu
Also theres so many on the stupid auction site that seem to differ how do I know which ones are the correct JAP retail?

Normally they quote "Multi-code/All regions" and complete series of 25 episodes on 3 disc's. These tend to be Chinese copies. TBH i would only buy mine from a decent source, Ebay is not a decent source for Anime, unless you like to fund pirates.

Commissario
I would avoid Ebay for anime unless you don't mind wading through hundreds of bootlegs looking for what is hopefully a legitimate version.

If you're after NTSC bebop then the R1 release is the one to get, as it has English and Japanese tracks unlike the R2 Japanese release which only has the Japanese track and no subtitles.

The Japanese release of Bebop is something like 6-8 discs at least (+ the movie), whilst the R1, R2uk and R4 Aus versions are/will be 6 discs each (+ the movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom