The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
I think "the afterglow of zeon" is a movie made by editing together the 0083 OVA's:)

Re anime lyrics, i've found anime lyrics.com pretty handy in the past, although sometimes the translations are off when compared to the official translations (where i've been able to check the U.S. soundtrack booklets).s

Associate
I was hoping to find translations for Kawaii's Buddhist chants in Innocense. They don't seem to be on animelyrics.com or any of the sites I googled. Doesn't matter as I've been meaning to buy the soundtrack anyway.

Karandras: I like your version of the title better!:p Did they ever make a series out of that anime or is it just the one-off?

Associate
OP
Werewolf said:
Whilst i'm here, did anyone else order the Fullmetal Alchemist "Starter set" from the U.S?
My one went into shipping on Saturday, so i'm hoping it will arrive in the next week or so (it should be customs free as it was only $31.77/£17 for the actual set).
More importantly, is FMA any good as i've bought it blind :p

Mine was shipped on Saturday as well. But i went for the slightly quicker postal service just to compare times with their cheap option. Looking forward to watching this, been reading about it for ages.

Its about time Bandai made a move into the UK. Will have to pick up some of those Gundam movies. Although i will give the 0083:The Afterglow of Zeon a miss as i have the OAV's.

Planetes and Wolf's Rain i will definately get, but i may see if Bandai in the US will do the full boxset as they've been doing with some of their other series.

Associate
manveruppd said:
Karandras: I like your version of the title better!:p Did they ever make a series out of that anime or is it just the one-off?

to be perfectly honest with you, i have no idea! the way the plot is set out, i assume there was something that pre-empted it. But in my experience of anime, the chances are equal that there wasnt anything and its just confusing!

edit : after googling it, i assume it was just the one off dvd...which got incredibly poor reviews too! shame

Last edited:
Soldato
@lostcorpse
yup you are right....mostly annoying :)
another anime thread to eat up my time :(
you lot are responsible for my lack of sleep since i started following the big anime thread at xmas.you have created an anime junkie here
what do you lot think of BLEACH and MAI-HIME?
damned addictive i say :)

Soldato
Just started the Ai yor aoshi manga, its great i've really started getting into manga comics now i,ve even stated buying manga of some of the anime shows i already own becuse in most tof them the story is diffrent in places, whats evryone else reading now :confused:

Associate
Call me cheap but I do enjoy going into Borders, getting a cup of coffee and reading a couple of issues of Lone Wolf and Cub. I enjoy it as much for the great manga as for the satisfaction that Borders didn't get my 12.99 or however much it is!:D

Commissario
LC, I normally place my orders with DVDPacific as soon as I spot a title I want to order :)
Unlike some other retailers the discount with them isn't normally dependant on when you order a title/when it's due for release (one of my two gripes about Rightstuf is that their preorder discount gets worse if you place the order less than a month in advance of the release).

With regards to Manga, I read the Ghost in the Shell manga for the first time a few weeks ago and was quite impressed with it, I noticed that some parts of it seem to make an apperance in not just the first film but both TV series (it also sort of spells out some things about the Major that are only hinted at in the film/series).

I'm hoping to read the second Manga series soon (I think it's out as a single TPB), i'm also giving some serious thought to the Battle Angel (I'm half looking forward to the LA film), Eva and Love Hina manga sometime.

P.S.
I was watching Eva Platinum V5 this morning, and whilst a lot of the 5.1 use is very subtle they did a great job with episodes 19 and 20 i think it was.

P.P.S.
If I were to add a poll to this thread asking what people's favourite licenced anime is any suggestions?
I was thinking Bebop, Love hina, Eva, Trigun, Fruits Basket, FLCL, Hellsing + some others (I think it can go to 20 options)

Commissario
same question I always ask...
What sort of films/TV do you like?

Cowboy Bebop is normally a fairly good starting point as it's not too japanese in it's feel/story and can be watched out of order fairly easily (it's about a rather mismatched bunch of bounty hunters who never have much luck)

Associate
OP
Werewolf said:
I'm hoping to read the second Manga series soon (I think it's out as a single TPB), i'm also giving some serious thought to the Battle Angel (I'm half looking forward to the LA film), Eva and Love Hina manga sometime.

P.P.S.
If I were to add a poll to this thread asking what people's favourite licenced anime is any suggestions?
I was thinking Bebop, Love hina, Eva, Trigun, Fruits Basket, FLCL, Hellsing + some others (I think it can go to 20 options)

The Battle Angel Manga is very good i bought the first one as a GN then went onto the monthly release version(those were the days), i didn't go further than about V4(i think). I had the original EVA manga which i believe was one of the first western released to come in the original(Japanese) "flipped" presentation. Although i seem to remember it also came as a normal version. The first dip into an unknown format, now most GN(TPB) come flipped.

As for the poll, may i suggest Last Exile (bet you knew i would suggest that :D ), Tenchi Muyo, Macross (any), GITS.

Lostcorpse said:
WereWolf and other DVDpasific users when do you usually place your orders? begining, middle, or end of the month?

As per WereWolf's answer, if i see something i order it. Although i'm still waiting for my FMA set to turn up :( bet the Royail Mail have something to do with the delivery time.

Last edited:
Commissario
FMA is probably sat in customs gathering dust, my set hasn't arrive yet either but i'm not worried about it as I know it's not going to get a charge (£17 for the actual set), and is unlikely to get lost :)

Associate
I have found the Naruto Boxsets online for good prices, and it says with chinese/english subs, do you think these are worth getting? I really like naruto but its hard tokeep up to date. Do you think i should go ahead and import these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom