The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
unfortunately it was the first of the "limited edition boxes" by Pioneer, and it wasn't announced it was going to be LE until after it had been out for a while and became hard to find :(
I beleive it was one of the online retailers who found out when they tried to order additional stocks of it.

I was actually pretty lucky to get mine as I didn't know it was anything special, and didn't order it until it had been out for a while (I ordered it from DVDBoxoffice a few months after it's release)

Amazon.com somehow found a small number of the boxes the other week (presumably during a stock take or something), but i think they sold out within a couple of days :(

Unfortunately I think the best bet now is ebay, or some of the smaller online retailers :(

Soldato
Werewolf said:
unfortunately it was the first of the "limited edition boxes" by Pioneer, and it wasn't announced it was going to be LE until after it had been out for a while and became hard to find :(
I beleive it was one of the online retailers who found out when they tried to order additional stocks of it.

I was actually pretty lucky to get mine as I didn't know it was anything special, and didn't order it until it had been out for a while (I ordered it from DVDBoxoffice a few months after it's release)

Amazon.com somehow found a small number of the boxes the other week (presumably during a stock take or something), but i think they sold out within a couple of days :(

Unfortunately I think the best bet now is ebay, or some of the smaller online retailers :(
:( ahhh well, what about the other specail editions with the figurines same situation there i suppose :confused:

Commissario
the second season sets are still available if you look, as they were only released a few months ago (LE's tend to still be available with a few exceptions for 2-6 months if you spend the time looking).

DVDpacific have the second season volume 1 LE in stock (not even low stock), rightstuf have the third disc LE set (although shipping is a killer if you just order the one item, and it's pretty close to rrp), Amazon have all the series 2 LE's new ,

[edit]the used ones amazon.com have are pirate sets[/edit]

Soldato
dammit your right i really cant find vol.1 with the artbox LAME!!! does anyone know if its the same story with the chobits artbox :confused:

Commissario
it is :(

both were limited to something like 5000 boxes (Chobits had 2 boxes, 1 with just the box/dvd and one with a small stationary set as well).

[edit]
there were two mini boxes released for christmas (now oop), that had half the series each (total of 6 discs in 2x 3 disc sets).
However if you look on ebay be warned there are loads of pirate sets, some with the english dub :( :mad: :mad:

Soldato
Werewolf said:
it is :(

both were limited to something like 5000 boxes (Chobits had 2 boxes, 1 with just the box/dvd and one with a small stationary set as well).

[edit]
there were two mini boxes released for christmas (now oop), that had half the series each (total of 6 discs in 2x 3 disc sets).
However if you look on ebay be warned there are loads of pirate sets, some with the english dub :( :mad: :mad:
:( k well i guess i better give up on the artboxes, so whats shipping like from Archonia.com, is it fast reliable they got a good range of merchendise

Last edited:
Soldato
Werewolf said:
it's fast :)

i've only used them a few times (T-shirts and models mainly) but they've been good each time :)
cool gonna order some of the R1 stuff i want now once again youve been a great help cheers dude :D

Commissario
ah, if you want R1 DVD's i think ordering direct from the U.S. would probably be cheaper :)

[edit]
Absolutely typical.
I start buying the Cowboy Bebop DVD's and a month later the remastered 5.1 all singing and dancing R1 versions are announced.:o
I think I will give up on the UK release for now and wait for the new R1's.

Commissario
don't bet on it :)
chances are fairly good it will be done at least reasonably well (probably very well considering how big a property it's meant to be and the amount of money involved).

They might* end up doing two versions, one uncut for adults/15+ and a kiddy version, but I wouldn't fret about it (i've seen people worry themselves over how a particular title would be handled, usually for nothing in the end).

*i've not seen it so i don't know if it's the sort of series where this is possible

Commissario
just found this on AOD's forums

Originally posted by Shokoti on AOD.
One Piece will premiere on Toonami on Monday, April 11 at 5pm, airing every day thereafter. I am really looking forward to this, as I love the manga and what I've seen of the anime. It'll be great to see it on TV.

Also, The Big O returns to a decent timeslot every day at 8.30pm from April 11.

Now if only Toonami would get some more anime. Hopefully Rave Master and One Piece will do well.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Shokoti on AOD.
One Piece will premiere on Toonami on Monday, April 11 at 5pm, airing every day thereafter. I am really looking forward to this, as I love the manga and what I've seen of the anime. It'll be great to see it on TV.

Thats good news, always nice to see new Anime on the box. Gives me an excuse to leave work early. Or a better excuse to get SKY+.

Whats even better news is that Porco Rosso and Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind shipped tonight. The only problem is that FMA still hasn't arrived :mad: so much for quicker delivery.

Associate
I've heard they are going to aim naruto at pre-teens and a young teens :S but shall have to wait and see, ill proberly just get the dvd's from japan when released

Commissario
they might well do it aimed at preteens, but these days when that happens they have a second release with the full uncut version (it's not unknown in the U.S. to get a "Cartoon Network" DVD release and the uncut release from the company who actually did the dub/translation etc).

Associate
Yep, i really hope they dont mess naruto up, some of the translations in the english manga are dodgy as it is..

Associate
After the good answers I got last time, here's a quick question for you kind people, I believe (for better or worse) that a good film/series must have good music. What good / different composers are there out there (bar anything composed by Kanno Yoko or Kajiura Yuki)?

As an aside my understanding of a "tween" is a person who is not old enough to be a teen, but who is too old to be classified a kid / child, aka in between, people who have grown up too soon in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom