• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
17.9.2 is crap for me. System lockups and freezes everywhere on the same clocks that were completely fine on 17.9.1

Back to the previous I go.

I concur 100% same findings for me, 17.9.2 are CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!, seem totally unstable whenever any change is made to a custom overclock..........back to 17.9.1.

Associate
Further testing of 17.9.2 reveals that if you want to create a custom overclock the changes must be made in "steps" for there to be stability. Example; change PL and hit "apply" - change S6 and S7 mv and hit "apply" - change S6 and S7 frequencies and hit "apply" - change HBM frequency and hit "apply" - change HBM mv and hit "apply". I followed this procedure and got my overclocks stable just like I had with 17.9.1 drivers. These drivers 17.9.2 are temperamental, you can't just bung in all the values for a custom overclock all at once and hit "apply" cause the driver will pooooo it's nappy....but if you coax it along in baby steps then it seems to work ok.

Associate
@AMDMatt Do you know if HBCC is working with Crossfire enabled?

I dont see any mention of HBCC when in Crossfire mode. I went into unlinked/Crossfire disabled mode and enabled HBCC that way. Not sure if it stays enabled once I switch back to Crossfire linked/enabled.

I dont think its working but difficult to tell.

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt Do you know if HBCC is working with Crossfire enabled?

I dont see any mention of HBCC when in Crossfire mode. I went into unlinked/Crossfire disabled mode and enabled HBCC that way. Not sure if it stays enabled once I switch back to Crossfire linked/enabled.

I dont think its working but difficult to tell.
I'll try to find out, i suspect it may be incompatible.

Soldato
Further testing of 17.9.2 reveals that if you want to create a custom overclock the changes must be made in "steps" for there to be stability. Example; change PL and hit "apply" - change S6 and S7 mv and hit "apply" - change S6 and S7 frequencies and hit "apply" - change HBM frequency and hit "apply" - change HBM mv and hit "apply". I followed this procedure and got my overclocks stable just like I had with 17.9.1 drivers. These drivers 17.9.2 are temperamental, you can't just bung in all the values for a custom overclock all at once and hit "apply" cause the driver will pooooo it's nappy....but if you coax it along in baby steps then it seems to work ok.
could be where im going wrong, had a few crashes last night, i will reset and do agian

Soldato
I can't get HBCC enabled on 17.9.2 drivers. After hitting apply it does nothing for a few seconds then I get the Radeon settings is not responding error. This happened to me on the previous drivers also although I did eventually get it to enable. No joy this time though...

Soldato
Could anyone please test recording with HEVT and opening the video in Sony Vegas please. When I encode with HEVT in Relive, none of my MP4 files will open in Vegas, but when I change the encoding to AVC they open just fine.

You mean HEVC? My Premiere Elements 8 accepts HEVC but i dont bother with it as YT woudnt accept it on upload last time i tried. I just stick with AVC.

Soldato
You mean HEVC? My Premiere Elements 8 accepts HEVC but i dont bother with it as YT woudnt accept it on upload last time i tried. I just stick with AVC.

That'll be the one lol

I've had no issue uploading the raw unrendered HEVC encoded videos to YouTube. I'm just trying to find out how to insert a small video over the top of the main video and have them both playing. Thought I could do that in YouTube but apparently not.

Soldato
That'll be the one lol

I've had no issue uploading the raw unrendered HEVC encoded videos to YouTube. I'm just trying to find out how to insert a small video over the top of the main video and have them both playing. Thought I could do that in YouTube but apparently not.

Been at least 6 months since i tried a HEVC upload to YT, maybe they added support for it now, never used Sony Vegas though so cant help you there.

Soldato
17.9.2 drivers, after uninstalling 17.9.1 and using DDU

Sapphire Trixx v6.3.0 been in place before na dafter new driver install, with fairly aggressive custom fan profile (linear profile so 100% fan at ~75C)

Had an instance over last few days where screen was flickering with corruption, above custom profile was not being used, fan speed very low for ~55C. De-selecting "custom" fan profile and then re-selecting it seemed to sort things.

In last half hour, had an instance of fan randomly choosing to run at 100%, despite temps being ~35C and dropping to ~25C while web browsing. Rebooted PC, now back to normal.

Driver not playing nice with Trixx? Not had issues with Trixx v6.3.0 and AMD drivers for at least several months.

Associate
Have you tried updating Trixx? v6.4 has been out a while and v6.5 has just been released.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291&lang=eng

V6.5.0 2017-9-25
  • Added support for Radeon RX Vega
  • Fixed overclocking, fan monitoring on Catalyst 17.7.2 and newer
  • Added VDDC and VDDCI power monitoring for Polaris

V6.4.0 2017-05-08
  • Added support for Radeon RX500 Series
  • Added power & stealth mode function for RX 500 series. In power mode you gain higher performance for more demanding gaming experience , in stealth mode we bring you balance in gaming experience and power saving.
  • Fixed fan control in CrossFire mode
  • Fixed fan test in CrossFire mode

Associate
17.9.2 drivers, after uninstalling 17.9.1 and using DDU

Sapphire Trixx v6.3.0 been in place before na dafter new driver install, with fairly aggressive custom fan profile (linear profile so 100% fan at ~75C)

Had an instance over last few days where screen was flickering with corruption, above custom profile was not being used, fan speed very low for ~55C. De-selecting "custom" fan profile and then re-selecting it seemed to sort things.

In last half hour, had an instance of fan randomly choosing to run at 100%, despite temps being ~35C and dropping to ~25C while web browsing. Rebooted PC, now back to normal.

Driver not playing nice with Trixx? Not had issues with Trixx v6.3.0 and AMD drivers for at least several months.

Your version of Trixx dont work with newer drivers.

Install Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 17 its better.

Associate
Guys, (not posting very often, but reading regular), I've problems with the latest 17.9.2 drivers to function with my monitor, a Dell UP2715K on two displayports (mst). After the installation the screen stays black, out of synch. and the pc reboots itself with only a lower res. and with one GPU disabled in devicemanager, enabling cause a black screen again. Radeon settings mentions there is no screen connected with AMD products. One note, the system worked just fine with windows 7 in multi-GPU, so the GPU's aren't defective.

Some specs:

W10 64 bitsfresh install
crimson relive 17.9.2. (without relive)
2x RX Vega 64 Liquid (Powercolor)
CPU=6850K
Mobo Gigabyte Designare X99, bios F4 (latest)
Dell UP2715K, on mst with two displayports.

Any clues?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you tried updating Trixx? v6.4 has been out a while and v6.5 has just been released.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291&lang=eng

V6.5.0 2017-9-25
  • Added support for Radeon RX Vega
  • Fixed overclocking, fan monitoring on Catalyst 17.7.2 and newer
  • Added VDDC and VDDCI power monitoring for Polaris

V6.4.0 2017-05-08
  • Added support for Radeon RX500 Series
  • Added power & stealth mode function for RX 500 series. In power mode you gain higher performance for more demanding gaming experience , in stealth mode we bring you balance in gaming experience and power saving.
  • Fixed fan control in CrossFire mode
  • Fixed fan test in CrossFire mode

Your version of Trixx dont work with newer drivers.

Install Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 17 its better.

Thanks for the heads up on Trixx updates, might try Afterburner at some point again too after ditching it a while back.

Back
Top Bottom