• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
i really hope one day they will fix the flickering in fifa 18 during cut scenes its been going on for a longtime now and was even present in 17 for me also, it's literally the only game i have this problem with and on two different cards too my 480 and the vega 64. never had the issue in game with my two 1060's, 1070 or 1080. so it it really is a amd issue.

This with Freesync monitor? What in game settings you have FPS set to? 30 or 60fps on cutscene with drop FPS to 30fps the unlimited option with not do this but you will need to force Vsync or use FRTC to limit FPS to monitor max refresh rate.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah freesync bud and unlocked fps. av just started looking away till i push button after scoring goals as sometimes its right unbearable almost epileptic foot inducing. i just tried what you said with frtc and it was still present unfortunately. its the game i play the most that is why its getting to me so much..really annoying.

Soldato
yeah freesync bud and unlocked fps. av just started looking away till i push button after scoring goals as sometimes its right unbearable almost epileptic foot inducing. i just tried what you said with frtc and it was still present unfortunately. its the game i play the most that is why its getting to me so much..really annoying.

What Freesync Range do you have? if its like mine 40-144hz try this crazy has it sounds it fixed a low fps issue I was having with FIFA 18 Demo. Go into game settings and use 30fps setting for me it didn't set at 30fps when Freesync was enabled. But it removed the low fps bug.

I download the demo again so I can explain it better.

Soldato
i think its 30-144hz if i remember correctly. its a aoc g2770pf monitor. i'll give it a bash.

Yep the 30fps setting still works for me. It doesn't reduce the FPS to 30fps instead with Freesync enabled I also have Enhanced-sync on also the game will run at a solid 72fps half refresh rate from 144hz

I also had an issue with FIFA 17 but with that game I couldnt run Freesync at all.

Its the only game series I have had a issue where Freesync as actual messed with the frame rate.

The game also seems to play so much smoother at a locked 72fps than unlocked, its like the animations just look smoother.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
Yep the 30fps setting still works for me. It doesn't reduce the FPS to 30fps instead with Freesync enabled I also have Enhanced-sync on also the game will run at a solid 72fps half refresh rate from 144hz

I also had an issue with FIFA 17 but with that game I couldnt run Freesync at all.

Its the only game series I have had a issue where Freesync as actual messed with the frame rate.

The game also seems to play so much smoother at a locked 72fps than unlocked, its like the animations just look smoother.

yeah i too switched off freesync in 17, am just about to try what you said fingers crossed bud i sure hope this will do the trick for me.

Associate
Hi folks
I´m new here ;)

So this is my first post in this forum.
I buy new graphics a Vega 56 and I very happy I love ATI/AMD graphics cards, but
I'm getting very disappointed with AMD.
I'm tired of reporting problems with my graphics card
Already tried with a new installation of windows 10 with both version 1709 and 1703 and continue with the same problems.

Issues:
when I stop playing any game my screen begins to flickering and this issue not have in previous drivers. (issues with 17.12.2 18.1.1 and 18.2.1)
Sometimes Arma 3 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare lockup my computer with black screen and high pitch sound playing continously. My GPU isn't responding anymore, and the driver isn't restarting, or anything. I have to restart my pc. (17.12.1 and all previous drivers)
Sometimes when I stop playing a game or surfing on the net with Firefox Quantum and watch videos on Youtube my vega 56 will not idle and GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states (17.10.1 17.10.2 17.11.1 17.11.2 17.11.4 17.12.1) I do not know if it happens with 17.12.2 18.1.1 and 18.2.1.
I try DDU and same.
Back to 17.12.1 most stable but with sporadic black screens in so far with Arma 3 online and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

Soldato
Hi folks
I´m new here ;)

So this is my first post in this forum.
I buy new graphics a Vega 56 and I very happy I love ATI/AMD graphics cards, but
I'm getting very disappointed with AMD.
I'm tired of reporting problems with my graphics card
Already tried with a new installation of windows 10 with both version 1709 and 1703 and continue with the same problems.

Issues:
when I stop playing any game my screen begins to flickering and this issue not have in previous drivers. (issues with 17.12.2 18.1.1 and 18.2.1)
Sometimes Arma 3 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare lockup my computer with black screen and high pitch sound playing continously. My GPU isn't responding anymore, and the driver isn't restarting, or anything. I have to restart my pc. (17.12.1 and all previous drivers)
Sometimes when I stop playing a game or surfing on the net with Firefox Quantum and watch videos on Youtube my vega 56 will not idle and GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states (17.10.1 17.10.2 17.11.1 17.11.2 17.11.4 17.12.1) I do not know if it happens with 17.12.2 18.1.1 and 18.2.1.
I try DDU and same.
Back to 17.12.1 most stable but with sporadic black screens in so far with Arma 3 online and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

Hello and Welcome to OCUK Forums :D
I'll start of with the PSU and how you connected the GPU and PSU I recently just fixed issues just like yourself "Driver crashes, Black Screens and Display Corruption"
The fix for me was I was using PCIe power cable extensions these must have become faulty. Plugging the GPU directly into the cables that come with the PSU fixed my issue.

What PSU do you have?
Are you also using Power extensions?
Do you have a PSU that you can change the power cables some spear in the PSU box?

Ree

Ree

Associate

you nailed it my friend thank you thank you thank you lol.. runs at 72 like you said and flickering gone. much appreciated man.

Associate
Hello and Welcome to OCUK Forums :D
I'll start of with the PSU and how you connected the GPU and PSU I recently just fixed issues just like yourself "Driver crashes, Black Screens and Display Corruption"
The fix for me was I was using PCIe power cable extensions these must have become faulty. Plugging the GPU directly into the cables that come with the PSU fixed my issue.

What PSU do you have?
Are you also using Power extensions?
Do you have a PSU that you can change the power cables some spear in the PSU box?

Thanks for your reply :D

My system:

Intel I7 3770
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Rev. 1.0 (Bios F18i last)
16 GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance
Sapphire RX Vega 56 (Reference Graphics card)
SSD Crucial MX200 500GB
PSU XFX 850W xxx Edition (semi modular)
Monitor ASUS PB287Q 4K
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Windows 10 Pro x64 1703 (not 1709 because of start button issues)
Drivers 17.12.1 WHQL and all previous drivers no flickring and corruption issues.

Comodo Internet Security Premium 10.1.0.6476
No Overclok
Last Intel Chipset Drivers
Eveything is up to date
I play my games in 4K

I don´t think is my PSU is the cause I use the proper cables of the PSU.
I going to try to put seperate cables to connect my card.

Soldato
Thanks for your reply :D

My system:

Intel I7 3770
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Rev. 1.0 (Bios F18i last)
16 GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance
Sapphire RX Vega 56 (Reference Graphics card)
SSD Crucial MX200 500GB
PSU XFX 850W xxx Edition (semi modular)
Monitor ASUS PB287Q 4K
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Windows 10 Pro x64 1703 (not 1709 because of start button issues)
Drivers 17.12.1 WHQL

Comodo Internet Security Premium 10.1.0.6476
No Overclok
Last Intel Chipset Drivers
Eveything is up to date
I play my games in 4K

I don´t think is my PSU is the cause I use the proper cables of the PSU.
I going to try to put seperate cables to connect my card.

Yes 100% Use two 8pin cables.
I wouldnt have guessed my PSU was the problem either :D by chance I found a post on Youtube. The blackscreen and loud fan is because the GPU has lost power.

Soldato
@TonyTurbo78 Kingdom come drivers mate
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONADRENALIN-18.2.2
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 Highlights

Support For

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance™
    • Up to 3% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 at 2560x1440p (1440p). RS-210
    • Up to 4% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-211
  • Fortnite™
    • Up to 3% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 2560x1440p (1440p). RS-20
    • Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-208
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds™
    • Up to 5% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 2560x1440p (1440p). RS-207
    • Up to 7% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 1920x1080p (1080p). RS-209
Known Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
  • Radeon Overlay hotkey may fail to bring up the overlay or may cause a Radeon Host Application crash intermittently on a limited number of gaming titles.
  • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
  • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected `displays.
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
  • The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.

Back
Top Bottom