• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 Release Notes

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 Highlights

Support For

• Sea of Thieves™
    • Up to 29% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 3840x2160. RS-215
    • Up to 39% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 1920x1080. RS-216
  • Brass Tactics™
  • Final Fantasy® XII The Zodiac Age
    • Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 2560x1440. RS-212
    • Up to 20% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 2560x1440p. RS-213
Fixed Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
  • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
  • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
  • Radeon Overlay may exhibit minor flickering when enabled while playing games using the Vulkan™ API.
  • Fortnite™ may experience lighting or fog corruption on some graphics quality presets.
  • Radeon ReLive instant replay clips may intermittently contain small amounts of audio distortion.
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ may experience an application crash when launched as a Universal Windows® Application.
  • For Honor™ may experience an intermittent application crash on launch.
Known Issues

• A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
  • Radeon Chill hotkey may fail to reset when Radeon Settings is restored to defaults.
  • FFmpeg application may experience corrupted output for H264 video streams.

Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 Release Notes

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 Highlights

Support For

• Sea of Thieves™
    • Up to 29% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 3840x2160. RS-215
    • Up to 39% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 1920x1080. RS-216
  • Brass Tactics™
  • Final Fantasy® XII The Zodiac Age
    • Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 2560x1440. RS-212
    • Up to 20% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.3 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 at 2560x1440p. RS-213
Fixed Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
  • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
  • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
  • Radeon Overlay may exhibit minor flickering when enabled while playing games using the Vulkan™ API.
  • Fortnite™ may experience lighting or fog corruption on some graphics quality presets.
  • Radeon ReLive instant replay clips may intermittently contain small amounts of audio distortion.
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ may experience an application crash when launched as a Universal Windows® Application.
  • For Honor™ may experience an intermittent application crash on launch.
Known Issues

• A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
  • Radeon Chill hotkey may fail to reset when Radeon Settings is restored to defaults.

Thanks Tony will get these installed.

Associate
@AMDMatt Do you know if the driver team are aware of the performance delta between r_batchtype 0 & r_batchtype 1 & Vega GPU's with Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

The games default is r_batchtype 0. Under this setting the performance in CPU demanding areas like the town of Rattay is pretty horrible.

As soon as you enable r_batchtype 1 the fps rises dramatically. In areas outside of town it which are not CPU constrained it doesn't make any real difference.

I'm just wondering if the driver team have had any communication either way with Warhorse studios so that we can have it as the default setting?

This is the thread I posted on Reddit about the issue.

Soldato
@AMDMatt Do you know if the driver team are aware of the performance delta between r_batchtype 0 & r_batchtype 1 & Vega GPU's with Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

The games default is r_batchtype 0. Under this setting the performance in CPU demanding areas like the town of Rattay is pretty horrible.

As soon as you enable r_batchtype 1 the fps rises dramatically. In areas outside of town it which are not CPU constrained it doesn't make any real difference.

I'm just wondering if the driver team have had any communication either way with Warhorse studios so that we can have it as the default setting?

This is the thread I posted on Reddit about the issue.

Create a user.cfg file and have the game load it.

Associate
I know but it would be nice to have it by default, plus we might not see reviews like this one :p https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/02/19/kingdom_come_deliverance_gpu_performance_revie
w/

We were hoping the Radeon RX Vega 56 would be a contender here, but it just wasn’t. Whatever you want to call it, its performance was not up to par, not what it should have been. This rendered the Radeon RX 580 direct competition for it and the Radeon RX 580 offered more consistent framerate and a smoother gameplay experience.

Associate
Last night I updated my Windows 10 box with the Meltdown patch, which also forced the Fall Creators Update to be installed. I checked and the Meltdown patch is active (no AV issues). Since the update, the graphics card dies and the screen goes black a couple of minutes after login - whatever is running. Sometimes it restarts after 30 seconds or so, but then dies again shortly afterwards. GPU temps were steady at around 40. The machine is still running because I can use keyboard accelerators to cleanly shutdown.

Uninstalling the AMD driver and reverting to the basic Microsoft driver makes the system stable again.

I've tried the WHQL driver that Windows installs (17.7 I think), the latest stable (17.12.2) and the latest alpha (18.1.1). I can't see anything in the Windows logs. Uninstalling the Meltdown patch didn't fix the issue Any ideas as to how I can track the problem down
Almost embarrassed to post this, but I finally got to the root of the problem.

I had an "smart" extension lead with master and slaves - PC in the master and monitor and speakers in the slaves. When I turned off the PC, the extension lead detected that and turned off power to the slaves. Great when I can't easily reach the on/off switch of the speakers. My monitor doesn't have a "power save" mode logo on the screen, so when it went black I had assumed the signal from the card had stopped. A BIOS update wiping out my overclock meant that the system was hovering just above the threshold that the extension lead was detecting as "off". When you add in the better power management of the AMD driver vs the basic driver, the extension lead thought the PC was turned off when I was idling - e.g reading a static web page.

Sometimes it's the simple things. :-/

Caporegime
Latest Drivers have broken freesync for me.
Suddenly my monitor isn't "freesync supported".

Tried everything I can :(

EDIT : Constant unpluggings and changing settings and suddenly it's back.
That's a waste of 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
18.2.3s re-released, with Vulkan 1.1 (released today) added.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar....3-with-Vulkan-1.1-Support-Release-Notes.aspx

18.3.1 are out

Giz

Yup, released on Monday the 5th. :)

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 Release Notes
Article Number:
RN-WIN-RADEONADRENALIN-18.3.1
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 Highlights

Support For

• Final Fantasy® XV
  • Warhammer®: Vermintide II
  • DOTA®2
    • Up to 6% faster FPS using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 3840x2160 (1440p).RS-218
Fixed Issues

• Sea of Thieves™ may experience an intermittent application hang or crash during gameplay.
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of War may experience texture flickering on trees or hills when using multi GPU enabled system configurations.
  • World of Tanks™ may experience color corruption when changing some game settings in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Known Issues

• Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for long periods of time.
  • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.
  • Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects. A workaround is to disable the "Geomapping" setting in game.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Last edited:
Associate
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONADRENALIN-18.3.2
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 Highlights

Support For

• Final Fantasy® XV
    • Up to 4% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-230
    • Up to 7% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-231
Fixed Issues

• Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects.
Known Issues

• Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time.
  • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Back
Top Bottom