• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
18.3.3 included the new project ResX

https://twitter.com/Radeon/status/976534039514447872?s=19

IMG_20180321_192134.jpg

Soldato
Anyone know of any Freesync issues in latest Adrenalin drivers?

Got a new GPU and monitor for Christmas and noticed Freesync was not working. Clean install of latest drivers at the time.

Freesync was enabled but the actual Freesync tech was not working.

Did a little research and nothing came up so clean installed drivers again. Freesync range was only 40-75 so was not a major issue so ignored it till last night when decided to sort it.

After some faffing around and clean install of different driver version, installed the latest Crimson driver and all is now working.

Permabanned
Anyone know of any Freesync issues in latest Adrenalin drivers?

Got a new GPU and monitor for Christmas and noticed Freesync was not working. Clean install of latest drivers at the time.

Freesync was enabled but the actual Freesync tech was not working.

Did a little research and nothing came up so clean installed drivers again. Freesync range was only 40-75 so was not a major issue so ignored it till last night when decided to sort it.

After some faffing around and clean install of different driver version, installed the latest Crimson driver and all is now working.

I noticed it wasn't working a couple of drivers ago (18.3.1) so I rolled back at the time but with the latest driver (18.3.3) it seems okay.

Soldato
I noticed it wasn't working a couple of drivers ago (18.3.1) so I rolled back at the time but with the latest driver (18.3.3) it seems okay.

I was on 18.3.1 then clean uninstalled and reinstalled it, still not working then installed 18.3.3, not working.

I then used DDU to remove then installed Crimson.

Maybe worth trying DDU then install 18.3.3

Permabanned
I was on 18.3.1 then clean uninstalled and reinstalled it, still not working then installed 18.3.3, not working.

I then used DDU to remove then installed Crimson.

Maybe worth trying DDU then install 18.3.3

Is it Freesync in general or specific games? Have you a different displayport cable to test with? If it is certain games which ones? If I have them I'll test them here & see if it's the same for me.

Thank you :)

Your welcome.

Permabanned
Freesync in general.

I am running over HDMI.

Is running on older drivers so would be surprised if the cable.

I've read that Freesync via HDMI isn't as good as it is via Displayport, Does the monitor support it via HDMI? Not all monitors do. I'd definitely get myself a dp cable if I was you. What are the exact gpu and monitor models you have?

Caporegime
18.3.4s out for Far Cry 5.

Support For
  • Far Cry 5
Fixed Issues

• Some blockchain workloads may experience lower performance than expected when compared to previous Radeon Software releases.
  • Final Fantasy XV may experience bright lighting effects on some trees in specific map locations.
Known Issues

• Far Cry 5 may experience flickering issues if a task switch is performed while playing the game using a multi GPU enabled system configuration.
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Destiny 2 may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
  • Destiny 2 may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
  • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Back
Top Bottom