• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
What's the rest of your system spec? Any overclocks in place?

It could be something really obscure in your configuration. I had an issue years ago when the OS drive was on an ASMedia SATA port on the motherboard, caused no end of driver stability issues, even clicking scan for hardware in Device Manager caused the whole thing to lock up, moved the drive to an Intel chipset controlled port and disabled the ASMedia controller and it was rock solid after that! I was ready to blame the drivers and throw my 7850 in the bin until I fixed it!

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I5 3570k
Gigabyte z77 d3xh
2 X 4gb ddr3
R9 390 8gb
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD
Kingston 120gb SSD
Seagate 3.5" sata 250gb
Bitfenix Formula Series 750W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Kolink observatory case with 3 120mm RGB fans connected to fan controller

I bought this card a week ago from OCUK B grade, before that I had a b grade GTX 460 thats been going good for almost 7 years.

From googling around, im not the only one getting this problem.

Shame, dont want to change the card its brilliant in games.

Associate
Strangely enough it was a 3570k/Z77 system I had the problem with! But that board doesn't appear to have the extra SATA controller my ASUS one did.

I realise you have run DDU but are there any remnants of Nvidia Drivers, or multiple versions of AMD drivers on there?

if you run "pnputil -e" from command prompt it will list every driver in the driver store.

You can remove a driver with:

pnputil -d oemXX.inf

where XX is the number of the inf to remove. It won't let you if it is in use.

Permabanned
I've had to put another ticket in for State of Decay YOSE,
It constantly judders and freezes making it unplayable,
I reported it a few drivers back and it was fixed in the next driver but the problems back again with Driver 18.3.4.

Associate
Live: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Highlights

Support For

• Initial support for Windows®10 April 2018 Update
Fixed Issues

• Water textures may not render or may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
  • Stellaris™ may experience an application hang on loading screens.
  • Call of Duty™: World War II may experience corruption during gameplay on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
  • The Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature may fail to record in some gaming applications unless desktop recording is enabled.
  • Sea of Thieves™ may experience flickering in some game menus on multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Known Issues

• Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an application hang when launched using DirectX®12 API.
  • World of Tanks™ may experience minor corruption on ground textures.
  • Eyefinity settings may not retain after Radeon Software update.
  • Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
  • The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
  • Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
  • Some DirectX®9 games or applications may experience a hang or system instability when being run on multi GPU system configurations utilizing four GPUs.
  • Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.

Permabanned
I'm unable to install 18.4.1,
I get the following error:

Error 182

The installer is unable to recognise the AMD graphics hardware.

The PC consists of a Ryzen 2700x & an 8gb RX 480.

Has anyone else had this problem

EDIT: My fault I somehow managed to download the Win 7 driver instead of Win 10, Duh!

EDIT 2: Dead Islands still broken though, Anyone wanting to play that needs to use 18.3.3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom