• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Were you able to find anything on the Freesync issue?

Seems to be one of those obscure problems.

A few reports of it online but always with the same solution, using Crimson drivers.

Something was changed post Crimson but a matter of finding out what.

Together with your report and others I received on the AMD Support Forums, I've opened a ticket with engineering so we're looking at that issue.

Soldato
@AMDMatt, have you had any reports of random green screens in minecraft using a 2200g and the built in gpu?

I have the latest bios for the board and most recent drivers for the 2200g as well.

I know it's the 2200g apu as if I put in a 9500 with ex 5 graphics the issues go away

Regards

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt, have you had any reports of random green screens in minecraft using a 2200g and the built in gpu?

I have the latest bios for the board and most recent drivers for the 2200g as well.

I know it's the 2200g apu as if I put in a 9500 with ex 5 graphics the issues go away

Regards
I've been investigating reports of this issue.

Does the system lock up or can you recover by doing one of the following?
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete followed by escape
2) Disconnect and reconnect your display connection to the GPU

Can you type system information into the Windows 10 start menu, hit enter, and let me know if you see the word UEFI or Legacy as shown in the example below?
aEzwANb.png

Soldato
I've been investigating reports of this issue.

Does the system lock up or can you recover by doing one of the following?
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete followed by escape
2) Disconnect and reconnect your display connection to the GPU

Can you type system information into the Windows 10 start menu, hit enter, and let me know if you see the word UEFI or Legacy as shown in the example below?

Hey Matt, thanks for the quick reply.

The system does not lock up but when my son gets the green screen he can press the windows key to go back to the desktop (game played in full screen mode not windowed) and then load the minimised game and continue playing until it happens again and doing the windows key works again.

Bios version is set to Legacy on the system info screen, using Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1803 with 8GB of ram (2GB assigned to the vega gpu) and a 350M gaming 3 motherboard.

Sometimes he can play for 5 minutes and gets the green screen or sometimes he can play for an hour without a problem.

If you need anything else let me know, I have not tried disconnecting and re connecting the HDMI cable to the gpu.

I originally thought it was a IGPU issue with the 2200G so done a rma for it and got a replacement but same issue so guessing its gpu\driver related

I am using the Java version of Minecraft and not the W10 version off the store, not too sure if this would make any difference or help you replicate\investigate the issue

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hey Matt, thanks for the quick reply.

The system does not lock up but when my son gets the green screen he can press the windows key to go back to the desktop (game played in full screen mode not windowed) and then load the minimised game and continue playing until it happens again and doing the windows key works again.

Bios version is set to Legacy on the system info screen, using Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1803 with 8GB of ram (2GB assigned to the vega gpu) and a 350M gaming 3 motherboard.

Sometimes he can play for 5 minutes and gets the green screen or sometimes he can play for an hour without a problem.

If you need anything else let me know, I have not tried disconnecting and re connecting the HDMI cable to the gpu.

I originally thought it was a IGPU issue with the 2200G so done a rma for it and got a replacement but same issue so guessing its gpu\driver replated
I appreciate this is not ideal, but i have a suggestion to potentially resolve this issue. Unfortunately it would involve reinstalling Windows, but based on other customers i have been helping, it may resolve this issue.

Is that something you'd be willing to try? If so, i can provide additional instructions as you will need to adjust a BIOS setting prior to reinstalling Windows.

Soldato
I appreciate this is not ideal, but i have a suggestion to potentially resolve this issue. Unfortunately it would involve reinstalling Windows, but based on other customers i have been helping, it may resolve this issue.

Is that something you'd be willing to try? If so, i can provide additional instructions as you will need to adjust a BIOS setting prior to reinstalling Windows.

I can give it a try, I spent a week trying to narrow down the issue and re installing W10 a number of times using different builds as well.

Caporegime
OP
I can give it a try, I spent a week trying to narrow down the issue and re installing W10 a number of times using different builds as well.
Okay, try this.

1. In the BIOS, navigate to the Boot menu/option and set it to Windows UEFI mode. It should be defaulted to Other OS or similar. Save and exit the BIOS.
2. Install Windows 10 using your installation media.
3. After Windows installation at the desktop, run system information and check that it lists BIOS as UEFI mode and not Legacy.
4. Update Windows 10, installing all available updates, once finished restart.
5. Install 18.10.0601 Chipset drivers
6. Install Adrenalin 18.5.1 drivers and restart.

Let me know if you still experience the green screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, try this.

1. In the BIOS, navigate to the Boot menu/option and set it to Windows UEFI mode. It should be defaulted to Other OS or similar. Save and exit the BIOS.
2. Install Windows 10 using your installation media.
3. After Windows installation at the desktop, run system information and check that it lists BIOS as UEFI mode and not Legacy.
4. Update Windows 10, installing all available updates, once finished restart.
5. Install 18.10.0601 Chipset drivers
6. Install Adrenalin 18.5.1 drivers

Let me know if you still experience the green screen.

Thanks a lot Matt, I will give this a try tonight once my son is asleep and let you know how it goes. Has this fixed the issue for others? I never did change this in the bios so must be a default option on my mobo.

Soldato
I have had a look in the bios and unsure of what to change. Does anyone have any ideas?

Boot option priorities

Boot option#1 - P0: Samsung ssd 850 Evo 250gb

Boot option #2 - Disabaled

Hard Drive BBS priorities

Boot option#1 P0: Samsung ssd 850 Evo 250gb

Boot Numlock state - On
Security Option - System
Full Screen Logo - Disabled

Fast boot - Disabled

CSM support - Enabled
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM - Disabled
Storage Boot Option Control - Legacy Only
Other PCI Device ROM Priortity - UEFI Only
Network Stack - Disabled

Bios is fully upto date using F23D

Caporegime
OP
I have had a look in the bios and unsure of what to change. Does anyone have any ideas?

Boot option priorities

Boot option#1 - P0: Samsung ssd 850 Evo 250gb

Boot option #2 - Disabaled

Hard Drive BBS priorities

Boot option#1 P0: Samsung ssd 850 Evo 250gb

Boot Numlock state - On
Security Option - System
Full Screen Logo - Disabled

Fast boot - Disabled

CSM support - Enabled
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM - Disabled
Storage Boot Option Control - Legacy Only
Other PCI Device ROM Priortity - UEFI Only
Network Stack - Disabled

Bios is fully upto date using F23D

What motherboard are you using?

Try in the BIOS, under Boot > Secure Boot > OS Type > Windows UEFI Mode. Example screenshot below (albeit from a Asus motherboard)
vjP8XYf.jpg

Soldato
What motherboard are you using?
Try in the BIOS, under Boot > Secure Boot > OS Type > Windows UEFI Mode. Example screenshot below (albeit from a Asus motherboard)

I am using s AB350M gaming 3. Looking online I have to disable CSM Support which then gives me access to secure boot.

Under here I get

System Mode - User
Vender keys - modified

Secure boot - Enabled with active under it

Secure boot customisation - Custom

Resort keys
Reset to setup mode
Key management

I dont get the option for os type tho

Last edited:
Associate
If it helps I UEFI boot Windows on my Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 and the following settings are sufficient to do so:

djKVNJ0.jpg

p2tGwCT.jpg

CSM Support is a Legacy BIOS mode and disabling it should ensure only UEFI boot mode is possible.

Soldato
Ok, so I have enabled secure boot and re installed W10.

Under System Information it now says UEFI so all done succesfully.

@AMDMatt, thanks for the help and will continue to monitor

Regards

Caporegime
OP
If it helps I UEFI boot Windows on my Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 and the following settings are sufficient to do so:

djKVNJ0.jpg

p2tGwCT.jpg
CSM Support is a Legacy BIOS mode and disabling it should ensure only UEFI boot mode is possible.

Thanks. :)

Ok, so I have enabled secure boot and re installed W10.

Under System Information it now says UEFI so all done succesfully.

@AMDMatt, thanks for the help and will continue to monitor

Regards

Great, please let me know if the green screen returns. :)

Back
Top Bottom