• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
Here's mine:

got a weird bug at the moment where the gpu core clock will spike up to around 1200mhz and go back down but thats not the annoying thing. The annoying thing is it ramps the fans up temporarily as it has the fan stop function. Anyone else with this card got this issue and know a fix? I'm running it via afterburner now with a custom fan curve.

I had wallpaper engine running as well but disabled that now as that was stopping the fan stop function. Other than that the card funs sweet! Zero complaints! Keeps really cool at around 27c idle.

yQCMKBG.jpg

HNhhfTE.jpg

jbQGmj5.jpg

HNhhfTE.jpg

w8D8jWq.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
pLSyk7V.jpg

OsIMiiX.jpg

Nobody tell the Mrs. what I spent on all this, okay??

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

UbFdNzG.jpg

Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, Cubed, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, jabski, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, MestasDeejay, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3090

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday.

Haven't done any tweaking or OCing yet but have run a benchmark against stock.
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/14150670

Once my case is tidied up, I'll update.

DVJMVNZ.jpg

ezewKQq

0VPxubO

script>

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrived yesterday.

Haven't done any tweaking or OCing yet but have run a benchmark against stock.
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/14150670

Once my case is tidied up, I'll update.

I have the eagle card coming myself next week. How are the power connectors? a couple of people have said they have had an issue with the pins moving.

Also what speed did the GPU boost hit?

Lastly what is the difference between that card and the eagle? I assume one is classed as more "premium"?

Associate
I have the eagle card coming myself next week. How are the power connectors? a couple of people have said they have had an issue with the pins moving.

Also what speed did the GPU boost hit?

1,935 according to 3DMark. That said I need to play around a bit after I tidy the case.

Haven't noticed anything iffy with the power connectors either.

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of an update regarding using the riser. Annoyingly, the way my Motherboard (MPGx570 Gaming carbon) has it's PCIE lanes configured is causing me problems.

CPU controlled
PCI_E1
M2_1

Chipset controlled
PCI_E2, E3, E4
M2_2

I have an MP600 in the M2_1 Slot and an MP510 in the M2_Slot. If I restrict the CPU lanes to PCIE 3 to allow my riser to work, I lose performance on the MP600. Admittedly I'd barely notice in real world currently but why compromise.
It looks like I'll need to buy a PCIE 4 riser card or take a relook at the Motherboard. I was planning on upgrading from a 3700x to the 3950 Zen3 equivalent and given the MPGx570 gaming has VRM temp issues, it may be worth upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom