• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Mine arrived yesterday.

Haven't done any tweaking or OCing yet but have run a benchmark against stock.
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/14150670

Once my case is tidied up, I'll update.

DVJMVNZ.jpg

ezewKQq

0VPxubO

blockquote>
Collected mine today from the store, just in time before it closed at 4pm. First time ever I've purchased an high end GPU :)

UAKWi8Z.jpg.png

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

UbFdNzG.jpg

Date 26/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, malachi, Link
Date 26/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, 1nfern0, Link
Date 26/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Jay85, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, Cubed, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, jabski, Link
Date 25/09/2020, Make Asus TUF, MestasDeejay, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3090

Soldato
Anyone manage a decent overclock on theirs yet?

Had a quick play tonight and so far maxing out power limit and temp limit, +50 on the core is giving me around 2040mhz on the core. I have the non oc version so expected a little head room for overclocking. Think i can push more but dont really see the point lol.

Is it even worth touching the memory since i heard it coincides with the power limit so auto adjusts itself if it reaches a limit to counter balance giving negligible or even negative returns.

Associate
Anyone manage a decent overclock on theirs yet?

Had a quick play tonight and so far maxing out power limit and temp limit, +50 on the core is giving me around 2040mhz on the core. I have the non oc version so expected a little head room for overclocking. Think i can push more but dont really see the point lol.

Is it even worth touching the memory since i heard it coincides with the power limit so auto adjusts itself if it reaches a limit to counter balance giving negligible or even negative returns.

Running the Gigabyte Gaming OC

Haven't tested too much but seems to happily deal with
+80 on Core and + 1100 on Memory, +5% on Power Target. Running stable on the FIRE STRIKE ULTRA and Time Spy Extreme Tests.

That said, my temps didn't get past 70oC and I suspect the card would fly if power wasn't restricted. The ROG STRIX guys are going to have some fun with this.

Soldato
Running the Gigabyte Gaming OC

Haven't tested too much but seems to happily deal with
+80 on Core and + 1100 on Memory, +5% on Power Target. Running stable on the FIRE STRIKE ULTRA and Time Spy Extreme Tests.

That said, my temps didn't get past 70oC and I suspect the card would fly if power wasn't restricted. The ROG STRIX guys are going to have some fun with this.
looking forward to seeing some 3Dmark time spy scores with this, against my 2080ti...

Just had a play after using OC Scanner to apply a clock.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/14166701

pTmCZkQ.jpg

Associate
Interesting, my graphics score is slightly lower. I'd have expected the Gaming OC to nudge past it.

N6KEAef.png

What do you get on Time Spy Extreme?

Soldato
Interesting, my graphics score is slightly lower. I'd have expected the Gaming OC to nudge past it.

N6KEAef.png

What do you get on Time Spy Extreme?

Whats your average boost clocks and max clock speed on the gpu?

I got these from the bench results:

Clock frequency
1,995 MHz
Average clock frequency
1,874 MHz

Using the oc scanner curve i just under 2ghz on the core but if i apply a manual +100 it goes over 2ghz. I seem to maintain a lot better average with the curve though.

Associate
About the max I can reach before 3D mark starts throwing errors

Clock: 2,085 MHz
Average Clock: 1,878 MHz

Temperatures stay steady around 60-65 though.

8WkygE0.png

Soldato
About the max I can reach before 3D mark starts throwing errors

Clock: 2,085 MHz
Average Clock: 1,878 MHz

Temperatures stay steady around 60-65 though.

8WkygE0.png
That seems about right now, might try a fixed overclock and see if i can push past 2100mhz peak. Only downside to the palit card is it gets rather warm, steadies out at around 71c with a custom fan curve, we'll see how much more i can push when i waterblock it..

Have you had a play with the voltage slider? Does it actually do anything?

Associate
So how are people liking there 3090's? I'm sat here patiently waiting until the end of next week for mine to come with my new build.

Anyone experienced any crashing? (not that i want this to turn into a chat about capacitors)

Thermals all good?
Any issues with power or anything?

I was slightly concerned that 850w PSU really wasn't going to be enough but i think that is me just being anxious rather than it actually being a concern!

Enjoying it in games?

Soldato
So how are people liking there 3090's? I'm sat here patiently waiting until the end of next week for mine to come with my new build.

Anyone experienced any crashing? (not that i want this to turn into a chat about capacitors)

Thermals all good?
Any issues with power or anything?

I was slightly concerned that 850w PSU really wasn't going to be enough but i think that is me just being anxious rather than it actually being a concern!

Enjoying it in games?
Palit RTX 3090 gamingpro

No crashes
Thermals around 70c overclocked with power limit to max, +100 core +250mhz so far
I'm running a 750w EVGA GQ and its handling it just fine. I have a watt meter at the wall which tells me my system is pulling around 588-600w ish at full load. That's with a 9600kf overclocked to 5.1ghz as well, whole bunch of fans and ssd's etc. Your 850w will absolutely smash it, dont worry.

Absolutely enjoying it in games! Had a quick bash on MS flight sim 2020 last night, 34" 1440p ultrawide 144hz - high end graphics settings around 100-110fps :D, lots of room to push the graphics further i think.

Associate
Gigabyte Gaming OC

No Crashes for me.
Thermals sit around 65-70 when overclocked. power limit maxed +130 core, +1200 memory.
That said, my PSU is pretty overkill. HX1200i platinum so plenty of power available.

Gaming wise, looks stunning but only running at 1440p until I can get the issues with my LG E9 sorted out.
Going to try triple screen Forza Horizon 4 later and see how that looks with everything bumped up.

Associate
What do people run monitor wise for their new GPU?

I'm in a bit of a weird place - my 2 - 4k colour accurate monitors are nice but gaming is not really the thing to do on them being only 60Hz but my *in the process of upgrading* gaming monitor is a 240Hz 1080p TN job.
Looking to go full 4k across all 3 - with a gsync ultimate high refresh IPS panel - I think COVID has hammered production as its really hard to see stock on the high end panels.

Am probably going to be stuck for a little while in a weird blend of which to use

Back
Top Bottom