1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Le Clandestin Brun, 26 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDREW GREEN

Wise Guy

I had a google, supposedly racist because the person he said it to at a guess was Jewish:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-issues-clarification-over-incident-20608654

2. ANDREW GREEN

Wise Guy

How about a 1 state solution where everyone gets the right to vote and equal rights (currently Arab Israelis don't have this). Extremists on both sides can't win and you get moderate parties that appeal to the greater good.

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

Perhaps check the history of mandatory Palestine?

4. dowie

Capo Crimine

Re-read the last bit, that was a possibility suggested!

5. deuse

Capodecina

6. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

So much for it being a faked video?

7. deuse

Capodecina

Who said it was fake?

8. StriderX

Caporegime

Everything is fake in post-truth land.

9. mmmalas

Hitman

I wonder how many times Boris and his friend (opposition leader) will condemn attacks against Muslims or other faiths, I had seen so many here, however, no one talks about it, and certainly no charge from police unless it was very serious.

most of the article is talking about the "witness" account.

I would condemn such act, but I will do it exactly in the same way I would condemn attacks against Hindu, Muslims or any other faith

it ALL boils down to this in the UK:

we have Labor \ Conservative\ lib dem (Friends) of Israel, i.e. external foreign power influencing our policies, and direction, this should be illegal.

I will not let Saudi Arabia off the hook too, they lobbied johnson in regards to weapons used on Yemen atrocities.

Last edited: 17 May 2021
  10. RxR

Mobster

The conflict predates my birth. More than half a century ago. Will it ever cease do you think in the next 50 or 100 years?

11. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

At the rate of recent escalation there is potential Gaza will have been dealt with, but await the inevitable new Kashmir that will be Jerusalem.

12. Freefaller

Man of Honour

I just hope that Israel doesn't eradicate Palestine.

If they do I'm sure there would be a lot of temporary finger waving and protestation globally, that would be forgotten in due time. And Israel will carry on seen as innocent and that it had done everything legitimately, and will be free of blame.

It's funny people that get in flap about being anti Israel, when it's not at all being anti-Jew in the slightest. What does a religion have to do with a government's actions? I think it's a good way of diverting attention and the issues.

13. 200sols

Sgarrista

No, religious nutters will never stop.

14. Thekwango

Capodecina

jesus, so if israel, for arguments sake, starts acting like the nazi regime and begins exterminating people for whatever reason they decide, it's antisemtic to compare those actions to that of the nazis? and you don't see any issue with this internationally accepted definition of antisemtic behaviour?

15. dl8860

Mobster

Go to top level comment by user called Easytype for context.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedking...assengers_in_car_convoy_filmed_yelling_f_the/

Seems like it was removed as matter of course as videos are usually not allowed on that sub, and just because "videos with audio overlays" are included in the list of possible reasons for removal, one genius on twitter is now touting that as the sole reason for removal. So on balance my guess is it's probably legit. I could be wrong, that's just how I see it.

We do live in a world where you can barely trust anything now though, scepticism levels should rightly be high for any videos like this that are hard to verify.

16. Dolph

Man of Honour

You can discuss and critique the actions of Israel without using Nazi references, just as you can discuss and critique BLM without using racial slurs.

17. Thekwango

Capodecina

why? if some of the actions of the Israeli start are similar to some of those employed by the nazi regime why is not ok to compare, why is that antisemtic and why do you not see the problem with that?

say what now? bit of an odd comparison. what would make more sense would be to say, you can't compare some of the actions of the BLM to that of some of the actions of Black Panther movement without being racist......oh wait you can, whether correctly or not and no one would call you racist for it.

18. Lysander

Capodecina

It's been going on a lot longer than half a century ago. And it will continue a lot longer after you're dead.

19. RxR

Mobster

That's what I was thinking most likely to happen.

20. Dolph

Man of Honour

Standard starting principle of equality law in the UK, offense is defined by the victim, not the offender.

It doesn't matter whether you don't see the equivalence or offense in the action, because you are not the person or group it is aimed at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.