1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Le Clandestin Brun, 26 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. platinum87

Soldato

That is pure nonsense, to a racist the fact someone is of a different ethnic background is the offence itself. So now what?

2. deuse

Capodecina

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

Being a racist isn't a protected characteristic...

4. Thekwango

Capodecina

doesn't answer what i asked but bang you right on. the state of israel has more or less successfully forced or conned the international community into accepting that criticism of the state is the same as criticizing the jew themselves. utter nonsense and simply allows the state to do what it wants.

a quick definition of antisemitism reads as, hostility toward or hostility against Jews as a religious or racial group.

not sure how the comparison of some of the states actions to those of the nazi regime equates to antisemitism. and no normal thinking person should accept it as such. can a jewish person be antisemtic towards themself??

5. platinum87

Soldato

Nothing is protected, the definition you've posted is not a legal one.

Anyone can make any website they want, and it holds the same weight as that link you've posted.

6. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

You continue to conflate the recent and highly contested definition of Anti-Semitism with racism quite repetitively in this thread - You didn't respond to Dowie's analysis of your initial use and don't appear honest enough to wish to discuss.

For someone a intelligent as yourself I find your continual fall-back quote quite laughable and worrying.

For reference:

7. Kenai

Capodecina

Yes, the concept of the 'antisemitic jew' or the 'self-hating jew' isn't a particularly new one.

8. Nasher

Capodecina

9. Dolph

Man of Honour

In the words of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson... "it doesn't matter what you think".

That may sound dismissive, it's not entirely meant to be, but you're asking me to defend a specific case that you clearly don't like, whereas I'm coming from the position of respecting the principle.

It doesn't matter whether you think or intend the comparison to be racist, it matters that it's perceived or taken as racist.

This is especially true in this case where the definition has been formally adopted by the government. (For the avoidance or doubt, I have no issue with also adopting formal definitions of other types of racism either).

Are you rejecting the principle in full (thereby moving the onus from perception to confirmed intent for all forms of racism), or are you just suggesting it shouldn't apply in full to certain groups?

10. deuse

Capodecina

There is a huge difference from getting involved and blocking a statement.

Biden hasn't even got any envoys there.
    And it will take weeks to do so.

11. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Again you conflate the two :rolleyes:

Edit: @Dolph

12. The Running Man

Caporegime

13. Dolph

Man of Honour

You continue trying to excuse or justify racist behaviour by not applying the same standards to Antisemitism as are applied to other forms of racism.

I reject that line of thought.

It's not hard.

14. doodah

Capodecina

But he said he hopes it will end soon. We just need to believe more right?
    It will never happen, haven't all the Republicans and half the Democrats signed a letter stating they support Israel's military aid regardless of any human rights violations?

If it did - lets be honest, it would be deemed the most anti-Semitic thing ever to have happened on this planet.

This whole saga only has one ending. But as long we make sure criticism of the Israeli government is completely equal to other bodies - we can rest easy whilst millions of people are sandwiched and subjugated into a living hell.

Be interesting to see how some on here would have reacted (on OcUK if it existed back then) to the build ups of segregation and Apartheid - the cynic in me thinks some would try and downplay/deflect.

Last edited: 17 May 2021
  15. jsmoke

Capodecina

What would likely happen if the US completely stopped supporting Israel including sanctioning them?

16. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Your continual conflation of the highly contested, recent broad definition of anti-Semitism as out-and-out racism and indiscriminate flack cannon of accusations calling others racist based on such is the the issue I have.

I called out legitimate racism of Jewish people on a previous page, which would fall under the traditional bracket of anti-Semitism which is widely regarded as racism.

Your defensive misuse of the term racism is quite negative, also outlined by Dowie previously, and appears to simply be a fall-back. Please, continue to call out what has debatably been referred to as modern anti-Semitism all you wish, but refer to it as such and stop calling others racist when they are quite obviously not and are quite apparently pro-human rights.

You do a disservice to victims of racism.

17. Rroff

Man of Honour

Probably push them towards Russia or even Turkey and result in chaos in the region for awhile as they'd probably go on the offensive while they still had the initiative.

18. Dolph

Man of Honour

So just to be clear, I'm in the wrong and evil in your eyes for supporting the idea that it's not ok to call jewish people Nazis?

Gotcha.

19. Thekwango

Capodecina

'like' doesn't come into it. and i'm not asking you to defend it. i asked if you were ok with the it, and you've went on to answer that, sort of (quoted below)
    respect is one thing, agreeing is another. at no point have i mentioned the jewish people either as a race or religion. i've only commented on the state, or rather the government of israel, much like i don't refer to the german people as a whole but rather the nazi regime. for people to think that it's ok for israel to be able to force the change of definition of a term (antisemitism) is disgraceful and utterly disgusting. and, imo, detracts from those who have suffered from or continue to genuinely suffer from antisemetic abuse. calling the state of israel nazi like for it's behaviour towards palestine is in no way a slur or attack on the jewish race/religion.
    i reject the principle that the state or government of israel and the jewish religion/race are interchangeable.

20. deuse

Capodecina

You need to read the link and not the head line.

"When council members moved to hold another meeting last week, the US mission pushed back on the effort for the same reason, saying it preferred to wait until Tuesday. After pressure from multiple missions, the US agreed to move up the meeting to Sunday."

What the hell is the old fart up to?

And his party is ripping each other a new one over this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.