The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have always found the US to be unduly ‘pro’ Israel in this conflict, where to my mind there are two ‘culprits’ subject to fair criticism.

Hamas; relatively ‘unsophisticated’ and clearly involved with terrorism.

The Israeli State; sophisticatedly and indiscriminately treating swathes of people like they are all Hamas.

Fundamental wrongs on both sides of ‘the fence’ and basically impossible to ‘support’ either.... the only people you can champion are those on either side who want a peaceful resolution.

I think that both sides are mad.

I would put the Hamas\Israel\Iran leaders in a field and let them fight.

Caporegime
Anything is better than nothing.

Even putting a envoy there would be good, but that will take many weeks to pass.
Quite, hoping it will come to an end soon was a weak response. Lets not forget the backlash Obama got for merely giving Israel the slightest slaps on the wrist (whilst supporting them in much more meaningful ways).

And yeah - as long as Hamas and hardened right wing Israeli governments (probably Mossad too) exist - there will never be even the chance of peace.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
From what I've read in Aussie news there was a largely peaceful real-estate dispute on one side of the 'fence'. And supporters of one of the parties living on the other side of the fence decided to (unilaterally) lob rockets (weapons of death and destruction) over the fence.

Caporegime
"COPENHAGEN, Denmark — US Secretary of State Antony Blinken says the US has requested “details” and a “justification” from Israel for an airstrike on a high-rise building in Gaza housing international media outlets."

Not too surprising, I did think that bombing a building with offices journalists use might backfire for them!

Man of Honour
Israel had provided 0 proofs of the 3000 missile lunched at them. (might as well say 9999999 )

I dunno about 3000 missiles but there are live streams and video clips that have shown 100s of launches and they only show some of the launches. For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uto_lstMmDw they've easily chucked over 1000 Israel's way.

The media towers was publicity stunt to "show" that they are "warning" people in advance

There are definitely some strikes that aren't telegraphed (sometimes there will be operational reasons) and stuff that misses the target, etc. but the vast majority of strikes against residential buildings they really do carry out roof knocks and even phone the occupants in advance. If you watch any of the live streams you'll see the "roof knocks" from time to time.

Soldato
Both sides dont give a crap when they drop the rockets / bombs but I expect Israel do be the better side and minimise civilian risk they have the military power but they rather bomb and kill whole families and very questionable if some of these are linked to Hamas.

Soldato
Regarding the number 1000, seems more realistic number, but its in thier best interest to make the number looks stupidly high to justify thier actions.

as for the roof knocks, all what I am saying, is that its far much less than people led to believe, and they are intentionally targetting civilians between the strikes.

Who are?

Caporegime
Working for UK based NGO, I heard accounts first hands on the morning strikes that Israel killed neighbours families (80%) of that particular niebourhood in Central Gaza.
Those killed people were civilians and have no interest in militia or politics.
Israel had provided 0 proofs of the 3000 missile lunched at them. (might as well say 9999999 )
Also 0 proof that they are targeting militants.
Number of casualties speaks for itself on desperate Israel prime minister who want to clutch his way to power
The media towers was publicity stunt to "show" that they are "warning" people in advance

Sorry but in this context, the civilians are a bit meh in comparison, there are always going to be civilian deaths when they respond to this stuff just as there have been in previous flare-ups.

The point here was that the building containing journalist offices could easily backfire - did you see the Biden administration specifically asking for details/justification when half a dozen kids from the same family got killed in a prior attack? Nope... But having AP journalists evacuate and then kick up a fuss did get some more critical attention for Israel. Unless it turns out there was some really worthwhile target there then this incident was a rather silly move by Israel.

Soldato

I wonder which posters are posting in bad faith and which are entirely honest when it comes to “defending” Israel and its war crimes.

It would seem the tactic of going on the attack and accusing people of antisemitic thoughts is a common one, even when it’s clearly rubbish.

And I note, when it’s exposed, the common breakdown.

Caporegime
So just to be clear, I'm in the wrong and evil in your eyes for supporting the idea that it's not ok to call jewish people Nazis?

Gotcha.
the only thing they aren't doing is gas chambers and work camps everything else is pretty much learned from the nazis

Caporegime
It would seem the tactic of going on the attack and accusing people of antisemitic thoughts is a common one, even when it’s clearly rubbish.

The people who are most vocal about not being able to criticise Israel without being called anti-semite are usually the first to make outlandish claims of Islamophobia, transphobia, racism etc to shut down criticism/debate of a whole range of other topics though, so why shouldn't another minority use the same tactic? you either support free speech and open debate or not, can't have it both ways when it suits.

Last edited:
Soldato
The people who are most vocal about not being able to criticise Israel without being called anti-semite are usually the first to make outlandish claims of Islamophobia, transphobia, racism etc to shut down criticism/debate of a whole range of topics though, so why shouldn't another minority use the same tactic? you either support free speech and open debate or not, can't have it both ways.
Sure, but you are using your own supposed notion that some subset of people are being hypocritical, to basically pick holes in any point you disagree with. Can you not see how completely futile that is? It shows that you are only using this debate to try and 'one up' the other side.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
The people who are most vocal about not being able to criticise Israel without being called anti-semite are usually the first to make outlandish claims of Islamophobia, transphobia, racism etc to shut down criticism/debate of a whole range of other topics though, so why shouldn't another minority use the same tactic? you either support free speech and open debate or not, can't have it both ways.
If you read any of the exchanges between myself and Dolph in this very thread you'd see it being quite the contrary.

Your clichéd stance does nothing for either.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I wonder what the situation would have been if the US hadn't prevented Tharoor's rise to SG - 'tis a shame.

Soldato
The people who are most vocal about not being able to criticise Israel without being called anti-semite are usually the first to make outlandish claims of Islamophobia, transphobia, racism etc to shut down criticism/debate of a whole range of other topics though, so why shouldn't another minority use the same tactic? you either support free speech and open debate or not, can't have it both ways when it suits.

If someone is being antisemitic I would call them out in the same way I would someone being phobic in any other way.

No one is saying it’s ok to be antisemitic. They are pointing out people aren’t being antisemitic.

Surprised you needed this explaining, it’s very simple. I’d make a note of the level of your ability to understand basic ideas so that my expectations of you are managed in future, but I have no idea who you are.

Caporegime
Sure, but you are using your own supposed notion that some subset of people are being hypocritical, to basically pick holes in any point you disagree with. Can you not see how completely futile that is? It shows that you are only using this debate to try and 'one up' the other side.

I'm using the debate to hopefully make those on the other side realise that if they want to be able to criticise Israel then walk the walk themselves and stop perpetuating the same tactic in a far wider range of topics. You can't build a culture of intolerance towards debate which has lead to rampant largely one-sided social media censorship and cancel culture and not expect it to eventually impact you at some point.

Soldato
I'm using the debate to hopefully make those on the other side realise that if they want to be able to criticise Israel then walk the walk themselves and stop perpetuating the same tactic in a far wider range of topics. You can't build a culture of intolerance towards debate which has lead to rampant largely one-sided social media censorship and cancel culture and not expect it to eventually impact you at some point.
Like I said, you aren't interested in any actual discussion, just using a tragic situation to try and shut down 'the other side'. Just trolling your own agenda. This is how division spreads. Try actually engaging with the subject matter instead.

Soldato
If someone is being antisemitic I would call them out in the same way I would someone being phobic in any other way.

No one is saying it’s ok to be antisemitic. They are pointing out people aren’t being antisemitic.

Surprised you needed this explaining, it’s very simple. I’d make a note of the level of your ability to understand basic ideas so that my expectations of you are managed in future, but I have no idea who you are.

You aren't far off in your assumptions to be fair. He loves a conspiracy theory, Trump won the election etc etc. If his nonsense is called out he claims free speech. Basically its all the radical lefts fault and anyone who disagrees with him is a radical leftist

Soldato
Its a shame some of the scenes dont get put into the mainstream media here in the UK only because its got kids heavily burnt and dead do they not maybe the world would stand up and end this right now.

Israelis just bombed another house with civilians inside can see a guy taking what look like young girl into Ambulance how is this defending yourself?

It shameful from both sides but Israel are going way over the top in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom