The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In an interview with Deutch TV2, US Secretary Antony Blinken reiterates the US position that,”we believe strongly that Israel has a right to defend itself. And this false equivalence between a terrorist group – Hamas – that is indiscriminately launching rockets at civilians and Israel, which is responding to those attacks, I think we have to be very, very wary of. That’s – it’s a false equivalence. And again, I’ll give you another concrete example. Israel has, I think by last count, launched about 2,000 attacks on terrorist targets in Gaza. There were more than 3,000 rockets launched by Hamas from Gaza into Israel.

“Having said that, I think Israel has an extra burden as a democracy to do everything possible to avoid civilian casualties, especially to look out for children, and of course to make sure that journalists, medical personnel, are not harmed. And so that’s vital,” he clarifies.

“And we also want to see this de-escalate. We want to see the violence stop. And we want to see the possibility of focusing on improving lives and improving Palestinian lives in a material way. People have to have hope for a better future, and we all need to work on that.”

Asked about efforts being made to help Palestinians, Blinken says the US is working to ensure that as well. “It is very, very difficult if you see no positive prospects. And I think we all have an obligation, a responsibility to do that.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-equivalence-being-made-between-israel-hamas/

Soldato
Soldato
I'm honestly fed up of the whole anti-Semitism, islamophobia, anti-catholic, anti- whatever-ophobic.

We seem to have actually reached a point where saying something mean about an identity/religious group or disagreeing with them and causing offence is considered worse than actually committing acts of violence/etc.

Everyone seems determined to take offence and desperate to brand themselves a victim in an attempt to get the media to push their agendas.....

Soldato
Soldato
This thread lives up to all expectations with all usual characters. You'll spot when they cry foul when they stop quoting you, as they PM their favourite mod to remove your posts :p

Caporegime
Very succinct combination of ad hominem and whataboutism there, really impressive.

One man's whataboutery is another man's hypocrisy, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in him putting forward that argument.

And yes, pointing out hypocrisy does involve criticising the poster... that's kind of the point, their argument lacks principles/is essentially something they're selectively applying depending on the topic. His post involved an assertion about posters acting in bad faith when that's what he's seemingly doing in that very same post!

I think people taking one side or the other in this conflict are being rather blinkered as there are rather obvious wrongs on both sides, it seems like just some continuation of the current culture wars.

Soldato
Probably push them towards Russia or even Turkey and result in chaos in the region for awhile as they'd probably go on the offensive while they still had the initiative.

Israel would never get pushed towards Turkey, that is 100% certain. They might be back on diplomatic terms but after Israeli commando's killed a bunch of Turks on the Gaza flotilla boats there is no way Turkey will let israel cosy up to her. Israel broke a raft of international laws that day and were never held to account for the deaths of those Turkish nationals. Turkish leaders would get stoned to death by the "electorate" if they started getting all cudly with Israel.

Russia would be a more likely cnadidate considering the number of Russain Jewish communities that exist also Putin has been relatively outspoken in support for the Russian Jews. He has been quite generous in giving them tons of land to build synagogues and also laid into a bunch of Polish officials basically saying that prior to being invaded by the Germans the Poles were basically on the Nazi's side and then finished off by calling their ambasador at that time an anti-semitic pig. Although most of that was propagandist bs to remind people that the USSR basically saved the world from hitler.

Man of Honour
Israel would never get pushed towards Turkey, that is 100% certain. They might be back on diplomatic terms but after Israeli commando's killed a bunch of Turks on the Gaza flotilla boats there is no way Turkey will let israel cosy up to her. Israel broke a raft of international laws that day and were never held to account for the deaths of those Turkish nationals. Turkish leaders would get stoned to death by the "electorate" if they started getting all cudly with Israel.

Russia would be a more likely cnadidate considering the number of Russain Jewish communities that exist also Putin has been relatively outspoken in support for the Russian Jews. He has been quite generous in giving them tons of land to build synagogues and also laid into a bunch of Polish officials basically saying that prior to being invaded by the Germans the Poles were basically on the Nazi's side and then finished off by calling their ambasador at that time an anti-semitic pig. Although most of that was propagandist bs to remind people that the USSR basically saved the world from hitler.

Wasn't suggesting they'd get cudly - but stronger formal relations due to shared interests such as militarily.

Soldato
Bit ironic coming from the boy who cries racism/transphobia at every opportunity.

already addressed this. I would call out antisemitism as I would anything else, but if someone isn’t being one of those things,but someone’s accusing them of it, I’ll say that as well.

Very succinct combination of ad hominem and whataboutism there, really impressive.

His usual level of posting iirc.

Soldato
Careful, he'll ask you to get in the ring with him next. Cos he's a hard man, ain't he?

In a thread where people were discussing physical restraint and arguing with people who knew far more than they, a physical demonstration would have been apt.

I note the medical examiners and evidence given also backed up my opinion. Shame you didn’t take me up on the offer.

Why would that have any relevance to this thread?

Caporegime
already addressed this. I would call out antisemitism as I would anything else, but if someone isn’t being one of those things,but someone’s accusing them of it, I’ll say that as well.

That wasn't the point, the point was re: the last part - you're "saying that as well" in response to apparent spurious accusations of antisemitism but you make those same sorts of spurious accusations yourself re: claimed racism towards other groups or transphobia etc.. often based on some mind reading on your part, ergo it's a bit ironic to see you making an objection here!

His usual level of posting iirc.

Keep in mind your recall isn't particularly good, you thought I was an elderly disabled bloke the other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom