The Ascent

Man of Honour
I'm getting much better at it now, starting to use cover a lot more. Crouching behind it and then high aiming over the top of the cover a la The Division etc.

Caporegime
I just watched DF analysis video and DLSS was definitely there as they showed it off. Or are you saying the Windows gamepass store version has no option for it?

Yeah it's just the gamepass version, this happens every time when a game with dlss gets released on the store i.e. doom eternal, control etc.

FPS is perfectly good without dlss but I think that is down to ray tracing not working and game really needs dlss as it uses that awful blurry TAA which ruins IQ

Permabanned
Devs have confirmed that Game pass version has no DLSS and unsure if it will actually arrive. RTX isnt working either despite there being an option to enable it. Ended up picking it up on steam through a key site for £17 instead as that version is unaffected.

Soldato
Now to decide if I get it from steam, £5 more but can get a refund if I dont like it or save £5 and get it from a key site lol

Man of Honour
Now to decide if I get it from steam, £5 more but can get a refund if I dont like it or save £5 and get it from a key site lol

The deciding factor might be what version your friends have, as theres no crossplay so if your friends have it on gamepass then you'll need it on gamepass to play with them and likewise with Steam

Associate
Having to turn off DX12 - the massive frame drop when explosions happens is basically game breaking when there's a load of enemies coming at you. No issues with DX11 though it doesn't look quite a pretty thanks to no RT.

Soldato
The deciding factor might be what version your friends have, as theres no crossplay so if your friends have it on gamepass then you'll need it on gamepass to play with them and likewise with Steam
Other mate who has it has the Steam version, cd keys site is also the steam version.

Play it for free on game pass first?

Or get it on steam then refund and buy the key site version?
I did look for a "demo" but could not see the option on Steam and I dont have the Gamepass

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Having to turn off DX12 - the massive frame drop when explosions happens is basically game breaking when there's a load of enemies coming at you. No issues with DX11 though it doesn't look quite a pretty thanks to no RT.
I had a weird launch issue with C++ libs. It asked me to install, but the intall dialogue only let me uninstall... so uninstalled and game launched. No major issues with dx12.
Next time I launched the game, it again wanted C++, this time I had to install. And of course dx12 ran like garbage.

Permabanned

Its seems the stuttering may be limited to Gamepass but Im about to try the Steam version now so will keep this updated. Gamepass also has no difficulty selector as well as noted missing RTX and DLSS. The stutters are supposed to be limited to Gamepass but I did notice last night that after the first 10 minutes or so the stutters were no more. Steam forums say something about it being cache related.

Man of Honour
Its seems the stuttering may be limited to Gamepass but Im about to try the Steam version now so will keep this updated. Gamepass also has no difficulty selector as well as noted missing RTX and DLSS. The stutters are supposed to be limited to Gamepass but I did notice last night that after the first 10 minutes or so the stutters were no more. Steam forums say something about it being cache related.

It does indeed appear that for whatever reason Gamepass has an older build of the game than Steam, I guess they will patch it up soon

Permabanned
Ive played a bit of the Steam version now as well and the stutters are not there at all. I HAVE gone from 90fps to 50fps though given that RT now works but the stutter/pause thing has 100% disappeared for me.

Man of Honour
I hate Gamepass. It’s just utter tripe. Constant issues with GamingServices, issues with graphics, older versions etc. If I hadn’t gotten it so cheap I wouldn’t be subscribing.

To be fair, I wouldnt necessarily blame Gamepass in this instance, they can only put up the build they've been supplied with. Its not like they have an older build and a newer build and have simply decided to put up just the older build. The blame here may well lie at the feet of the Ascent devs rather than Gamepass if they've only supplied an older build to Gamepass.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
No idea how bad you had it on gamepass, but dx12 on steam has its issues. Plenty steam comments asking for a dx12 fix.

Back
Top Bottom