The Ascent

Caporegime
Most definitely wouldn't say the game is "mostly free of bugs", have a look on reddit etc. to see the complaints, main things being:

- stuttering/freezes, more so when explosions happen, apparently something to do with the shader cache not saving or loading these properly
- no proper 21.9 support, it is zoomed in
- progress not being saved for people joining a friends hosted game
- dlss not showing up in the gamepass version
- ray tracing not working in the gamepass version
- quests bugging out

etc. etc.

But given it is a 12 man team, can cut them some slack....

Soldato
Isn't the whole 12 man team thing a missguided view? Seen mentions that they outsourced a lot of work to other companies, and credits for the game apparently show a lot more people. The QA team itself was 10 people, it's just that Neon Giant itself is only 12 full time staff.

Either way - great game :D

Man of Honour
I can’t get past the first room of bad guys :(

Dont forget that left click shooting aims low and holding the right mouse button and shooting aims high, the first mobs you encounter in the game are small, so if you hold right mouse and shoot you will actually shoot over their heads, so you need to aim low (left click shooting) to hit them

Soldato
Experienced my first bug. Half a dozen lvl 19 NPC's were trapped in some scenery and unable to attack. Killed them for the xp. Given the size of the team that made the game, I can excuse a few issues.

Associate
Awesome game so far. Visually incredible with lots going on in the environment. Only issue I've had is getting stuck early on the grinder where the four mini bosses didn't appear. Had to restart the game. However for a small team it's expected! Looking forward to getting some coop in!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Heh, finally, a game that's challenging!

This really is a gem of a game.

How 12 devs can show the hundreds of CDPR devs how to make a cyberpunk game, mostly free of bugs.

I understand what you are saying, but to be fair these games are nothing alike in scope. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Most definitely wouldn't say the game is "mostly free of bugs", have a look on reddit etc. to see the complaints, main things being:

- stuttering/freezes, more so when explosions happen, apparently something to do with the shader cache not saving or loading these properly
- no proper 21.9 support, it is zoomed in
- progress not being saved for people joining a friends hosted game
- dlss not showing up in the gamepass version
- ray tracing not working in the gamepass version
- quests bugging out

etc. etc.

But given it is a 12 man team, can cut them some slack....
+1

Permabanned
What a game.

Usually the stuttering would bug me so bad I would put the game down but Im so engrossed in it Im willing to look past it. Must be something to do with cache as its only when new areas are loading but the game itself is brilliant.

The tone and music are top class and it makes me want to keep playing it for "just a little longer". Really pleased Ive started this one and I will probably rinse all the side quests as well.

Man of Honour
I agree, the aesthetics, the music, the feel of the gameworld, the design of the city etc. All top notch. Its a terrific debut game for the studio, really interested to see what their next title will be

Associate
I've put it down for now until they fix the stuttering in the game.

Great game and can't wait to play it some more after they fix the above-mentioned bug.

Soldato
I've just started but wow this game is impressive. It's very rare these days a game impresses me this much so quickly.

It managed to crash my whole pc. Maybe it's the summer heat but I've played games such as CP2077 during the summer and it never crashed. Required upping the voltage on one of my ryzen cores and no problems since.

Soldato
Really? By default it's B, which is pretty much impossible to hold while using the right stick to aim.

I'm on an xbox elite controller and wanted to use one of the bottom buttons.

I was referring to it being set as toggle as standard. :)

You sure you want it set as hold?

I wouldn't personally.

I use an elite pad as well but I have my top two paddles set as left and right click, saves wear on the normal switches.

Permabanned
I was referring to it being set as toggle as standard. :)

You sure you want it set as hold?

I wouldn't personally.

I use an elite pad as well but I have my top two paddles set as left and right click, saves wear on the normal switches.

Exactly what I use mine for. Sticks are always the first to go.

Back
Top Bottom