The best designed websites on the web.....here it is

Man of Honour
Really nice eye candy tbh. I have always reckoned flash was a promotional tool rather than anything else. It looks good, but e.g. for ordering stuff there are other better websites where stuff is on it's way to you in a click or two..like this one ;)

Soldato
lmao, I honestly cannot believe how many people have missed the point entirely. Its more than just a website, its a piece of real design. Stick to your template sites that abide by every 'rule' in the book if thats what makes you happy though...

Adz

Adz

Soldato
gurdas said:
*sigh* people in here don't 'get' design and concept. 2advanced are longtime players in the game however there are many other original flash sites.

As a design and technology (flash) showcase, it's good. As a website, it's pretty useless. Therefore it's not, IMO, the "best designed website on the web" regardless of how original or artistic it is :).

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
lmao, I honestly cannot believe how many people have missed the point entirely. Its more than just a website, its a piece of real design.

But as we're discussing the best websites, surely we should judge by criteria which make websites 'good', such as usability and loading times?

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
lmao, I honestly cannot believe how many people have missed the point entirely. Its more than just a website, its a piece of real design. Stick to your template sites that abide by every 'rule' in the book if thats what makes you happy though...
care to explain this "point"? describing it as a "piece of design" doesn't cut the mustard...

every website could be described as a piece of design. it's like saying my toilet is a piece of modern art.

Soldato
seek said:
care to explain this "point"? describing it as a "piece of design" doesn't cut the mustard...

every website could be described as a piece of design. it's like saying my toilet is a piece of modern art.

What relevance has your toilet got to this? The "point" as I said in my first post is that this isnt yet another run of the mill, templated, 'rule' abiding clone site. These guys are demonstrating what can be done if you break the mould, making a website more than just a page of information, making it a truly interactive, engaging, visually impressive piece of good DESIGN.

Note that I say design, not art, the two are very very different.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
seek said:
no i made toast.
Clever boy.

The point of the site is to make the customer (marketing directors etc) think this company can make their product look like the best thing since sliced bread. And it fill that criteria with some style, just look at their portfolio.

edit: nevermind, I see you're being obtuse.

Soldato
seek said:
the comparrison between pointless interpretational modern art and your statement is perfectly valid.

lol. With that you just completely disregarded the rest of my post? If you're going to try and bait me into an arguement at least try and make an intelligent debate of it.

As it stands, that comparison (if you bothered to read my last post) is completely invalid, open your mind a bit eh.

Soldato
Tru said:
edit: nevermind, I see you're being obtuse.
i posted my opinion that it was a bad design for a website and got flamed for it. further more i notice you are targetting me, when others seem to be saying the exact same thing.

Adz said:
As a design and technology (flash) showcase, it's good. As a website, it's pretty useless. Therefore it's not, IMO, the "best designed website on the web" regardless of how original or artistic it is :).
my point exactly.

Associate
Sites with Flash, Music, and takes a long time to load are pretty pointless in my opinion

the best flash site I have seen is the one for the Ford Focus ST

Associate
Mattus said:
But as we're discussing the best websites, surely we should judge by criteria which make websites 'good', such as usability and loading times?

It depends on the website. Granted, I wouldn't want to use 2Advaced to view the news however, for its purpose (a technical show-off site designed to impress and engage the viewer) it is very good. As for useability, it is easy to navigate, the colour scheme is not difficult to read

Its like saying that Half Life 2 has crap graphics because they won't work on a 5 year old PC

Back
Top Bottom