The best designed websites on the web.....here it is

Soldato
Stop being so dense, really, read back up, I didn't flame you're opinion, I posted my own opinion after yours, it wasnt directed at you, it was a general statement, how can you possibly call that a flame?

Soldato
That is awsome! :D Bit slow on a PM G4, but then its never been too hot with flash.

To look at its awsome, to navigate, well, bit iffy!

8/10 TBH :D

OcUK websites only 6/10 ;)

Soldato
Stop it, really. Yet again, you've realised that what im saying is true so you've disregarded the rest of my post in favour of picking out the one thing you carry on this little tiff with. It's boring now.

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
Stop it, really. Yet again, you've realised that what im saying is true so you've disregarded the rest of my post in favour of picking out the one thing you carry on this little tiff with. It's boring now.
if it's so boring stop arguing with averything i post. somebody disagree's with you. get over it.

Soldato
johnson said:
I been looking at this website for years seeing what they will do on there next update. They on version five now and you can see all the previous work as well.

http://www.2advanced.com
it looks nice, but is really poorly optimised... that and its entirely flash... which sucks hoohoos as far as SEO goes.
annoyingly it also looks like half of the stuff they've done in flash could also be done in ASP or javascript.

still graphically its superb, and does look wonderful.

BillytheImpaler said:
If it requires Flash for me to view it it is, by its very nature, not the best designed website on the web.
have to agree with that actually.

Soldato
Arguing on the net about the net :cool:

In the end it's like cars, or anything else for that matter. What one person might think is amazing another might think is pish. Differences in opinions, get over it.

Man of Honour
I think others have said most of the points, but I'll summarise:

• They've been around a few years, with various similar Flash-based 'sites'.
  • It's a very nice Flash demo, and certainly an advert for their proficiency with the tool.
  • It is, however, a gimmick, and it wears thin very quickly.
  • It says lots about Flash, but very little about anything else web-related.
I don't mind use of Flash for doing nice flashy graphics, games, even an interactive demo of some product. You can, after all, take that or leave it. When the website *is* Flash, and nothing else, I think I would very quickly decide that leaving it (the website) is the best policy.

Soldato
Certainly not the best designed on the Internet. Ok, so it looking pretty might make it good, but to me, it's not even pretty. I don't really like flash, but I agree with Berserker that in small doses it can look good, if done well.

The only thing I thought was fairly good were these animated leaves found on the Company > Partners page.

2advancedleavesdr0.png

Back
Top Bottom