The best washing machine and dryer

Godfather
Godfather
I'm in the market for a quality washing machine, in fact a dryer too. Got to be seperate. Quality and performance important. In fact I want the best :)

Bosch, AEG or Miele? Or something else?

Soldato
Spec me a washing machine.... when you thought the forums couldn't swoop any lower

:p ;)

Our hotpoint one is good, try looking through their range.

Soldato
My rents have got a Bosch washing machine. One of the Logixx range I think.

Tbh, it washes clothes which is good enough for me. My Mum is raving on about it though, so i'm guessing it must be good.

Associate
Miele with out a doubt. The cost a lot but you are getting a ten year guarantee with the most expensive models. AEG weren't what they were 10 years ago they were top notch now there not so good. Bosch are good as are Siemens i think there guarantee are 2 and 5 years respectivly.

The most important thing to buy is the manufactuers guarantee with these things. They are not build like they were, i had a Hoover washer dryer cost 500 quid lasted less than 18 months with one engineer call out in that time span. I got a Siemens replacement because i couldn't afford a Miele but the Siemens i got came with 5 years parts and i think labour too.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I would say get a Bosch.
And if you can, get one that doesnt have one of those polls down the centre with fins on them because they ones with out them can fit so much more cloths in them and they are easier to get out.

Do you want a top loader or a front loader?

Soldato
Zannussi. I asked a washing machine repair man, and he says they are the don. My brother has one that hasn't broken down in 20 years. And we have one that hasn't broken down in 10. :)

We have a bosch dishwasher and its a ****. Always having problems.

AEG are good as well. Basically anything simple, because it can't break. Our Zannussi washing machine is a fan with a barrel attached.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I went with Bosch washing machine (had it about 6 years now, seems ok) and AEG condensing dryer (had it 4 years seems fine).

I don't rate Bosch as highly as I used to but I think AEG are still pretty decent.

Man of Honour
I've worked with Domestic Appliances for over 25 years in a Quality Audit role and we regulary test other competitors products in our labs.

The next washing machine I buy my wife will be a Miele - nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom