The Big Fight Live: Calzaghe v Lacy

Caporegime
Psycho Ned said:
Yeah but how many of those fights were any good? By good I mean world title matches (proper world titles WBA, IBF, WBA etc not alphabet soup titles) The public turned on Audley because of who he was fighting.

Guys like Benn & Eubank were household names because they actually had big fights (with eachother & with other guys) on terrestrial. Hatton would be a big household name if he wasnt fighting on sky.
It's a bit gutting Hatton left Warren just as the deal for fights to be shown on ITV had been signed. It would've given Hatton awesome coverage but I doubt Warren could afford to keep Hatton with the money ITV would've offered compared to the big American networks. Anyone remember the Benn vs McClellan fight that was on TV? It finished tragically but what a fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both weighed inside the limit

Calzaghe: 168lbs
12345678910_Calzagheweighin_Mar06.jpg

Lacy: 167lbs
12345678910_Lacyweighin_Mar06.jpg

lacy_calz_weigh-in.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Lacy has been made to shave his beard off by the boxing federation as you have to show your chin or something??

I wudda thought boxers know where the opponents chin is :p

Associate
Pigeon_Killer said:
It's a bit gutting Hatton left Warren just as the deal for fights to be shown on ITV had been signed. It would've given Hatton awesome coverage but I doubt Warren could afford to keep Hatton with the money ITV would've offered compared to the big American networks. Anyone remember the Benn vs McClellan fight that was on TV? It finished tragically but what a fight.

Great post - agree totally. Couldn't believe it when Ricky jumped ship just as things were getting interesting

Soldato
Kainz said:
This will be awesome. Can't beleive we get to see two classic boxing matches so close to each other. First Williams vs Skelton, and now this!

I presume you're joking mate, Williams v Skelton isn't anywhere near the standard of Calzaghe v Lacy, last weeks fight was between two mediocre, lumbering heavyweights, whereas tonights affair is between two world title holders, both unbeaten, no contest.

Enzo v Hobson now, should be entertaining and I've always liked Enzo, a big puncher with a dodgy chin.

Back
Top Bottom