The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Smackdown and Raw in the performance center have already proved to be farcical, no audience to play to makes their promos just come off as utterly stupid, they still do their usual entrances as well which involves playing to a non existent crowd. And the less said about the matches the better, no audience reaction to the moves just makes it come off like a training session at most. But Vince being the stubborn lunatic he is has to have his way, even though postponing it to a point where they can get an arena with a crowd makes more sense.

Man of Honour
OP
I actually liked the Taker match. If you’re willing to look at it as a one off due to the circumstances, I thought it was pretty well done. Just hope Vince doesn’t get any ideas about making that a thing now

Caporegime
The goldberg match was also a pointless endeavor. It baffles me that since he came back his matches have consisted entirely of 2 moves, he always had more in his arsenal than that yet now he's reduced to quite literally spamming a spear over and over and finishing with a Jackhammer. Yeah he's 52 but he can obviously do more than that.

Lesnar is in a similar boat with being a 2 move wonder, but that's more out of sheer laziness than anything else. He can't even be bothered to talk on the mic ffs, phones in virtually every match but since Vince has a hardon for him he lets him do what he wants.

Caporegime
The goldberg match was also a pointless endeavor. It baffles me that since he came back his matches have consisted entirely of 2 moves, he always had more in his arsenal than that yet now he's reduced to quite literally spamming a spear over and over and finishing with a Jackhammer. Yeah he's 52 but he can obviously do more than that.
52 isn’t really that old. The likes of HHH, Angle and Goldust are nearly as old and they can still wrestle well.

Caporegime
Main event was the standard Lesnar phone in match, do the same 2 moves over and over and over. How people (Vince) are of the opinion this guy is a "draw" baffles me. He got booed out of the building doing this routine in his mania 34 match and chucked the belt at Vince backstage.

Sheer laziness, he barely even bothers to do the f5 properly anymore either. The move is meant to be a spinning faceplant\ddt, but since he came back more often than not the opponent lands on their side or back because Lesnar no longer puts any spin into the move, he just sort of shrugs them off his shoulders and they land all over the place.

Really enjoyed the Funhouse match

Obviously Cena's last match as well, so many subtle nods to it

I wouldn't even have called that a match.

Man of Honour
OP
I wouldn't even have called that a match.

No, I guess not but it was a nice change especially as you know it's a one off given the circumstances. As long as this isn't Vince putting the feelers out for future events, then I don't mind enjoying it for what it was, a one off in exceptional circumstances

Soldato
WWE Pandemic Release Megathread

WWE Corporate announced today that WWE has "identified headcount reductions and made the decision to furlough a portion of its workforce effective immediately" (WWE.com source).

Headcount reductions (firings) and temporary furloughs are expected. This thread will be updated when we have more information.

WWE has come to terms on the release of [the following talent]. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

• Aiden English

• Curt Hawkins

• Drake Maverick

• EC3

• Epico

• Eric Young

• Heath Slater

• Karl Anderson

• Kurt Angle

• Lio Rush

• Luke Gallows

• Maria Kanellis

• Mike Chioda

• Mike Kanellis

• No Way Jose

• Primo

• Erick Rowan

• Sarah Logan

• Zack Ryder
PWInsider reports 9 producers were released . While PWSheet has released a new report that they were only temporarily furloughed, Lance Storm tweeted that he lost his job today.

• Billy Kidman

• Dave Finlay

• Lance Storm

• Mike Rotunda

• Pat Buck

• Sarah Stock

• Scott Armstrong

• Shane Helms

• Shawn Daivari

ouch....

Caporegime
Coincidently after the xfl went down the crapper, again.

To be fair quite a few on that list were barely even being used. But at the same time a really bad time for them to get released.

Soldato
EC3, Purazzo, Lio, and of course Rusev, all potential AEW signings. Not many of the others, IMO. And those depend on the state of play for AEW after lockdown.

Plus The Revival, who were released last week. Sure to see them in AEW.

Back
Top Bottom