The Bourne Ultimatum

Associate
C64 said:
yea i know i should be on film2007 tbh i think i speak the blunt truth nobody likes
hearing though
as a fan of the first film & second to a certain extent i just felt
this lacked that oomph and was far too much about cams shaking
and tracking people showing all the technology and how they are doing it
rather than seeing bourne own some people with his moves
which in my opinion is the best thing about the film the way he beats
gets away from people and so forth just wasn't too much of that going on really it is after all an action film so i expect action not arty farty camera work.
And i standby my transformers review adamantly.

Ultimatum had more action then the previous two films combined.

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Nice to think so but the rights for another two books (the final books by Ludlum on this character?) have been bought up by the production company so it looks likely that there will be more made.

Anyway the film itself is well done, good action, decent plot and not horribly long either which is nice but somehow I just felt there was just a little something missing that stops it being a "great" film.

Yeah I've read about those books, well the (4th?)...I really doubt they'd add another movie, Ultimatum seemed to finish up well.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Marmoset said:
POSSIBLE TINY SPOILER WARNING FOR GEEKS!!!
Hhahahahhaha yes!

Wasn't as good as the forum made out.. a solid 8.9/10 though :D

Best of 2007

Soldato
I can honestly say, with my hand on my heart, that this is the best, most enjoyable film I've ever seen. I rate it 20/10 as it has surpassed how good I thought a film could be, and how much I thought I could enjoy a film. Obviously everyone has an individual view on this film, but I honestly think it's awesome in the very highest degree. :cool:

Soldato
Watched this tonight and was disappointed. I watched the first one Identity the other night in HD and forgot how good original etc this film was. Even Supremacy for a sequel was very good, I just found Ultimatum somewhat lacking as the story even though traced his roots kinda sucked. Stunts were very good though

Soldato
Utter rubbish. Wasn't as good as first two. Suspected it would be a rehash of the 2nd one and was proved right. Not even a good rehash. Couldn't believe it when Nicky appeared (again - wtf, "i just happen to have been posted here after treadstone/moscow, what a coincidence") and the car chase bit where the other assassin guy is left with his head bloodied on the steering wheel of some 4x4 under a bridge was just too similar to ending of supremacy. That said I thought the bits between Nicky and Bourne were cool, the cutting of the hair like in the first film, also like the way it was cut short (not the hair) and left something up in the air, will hopefully come up in the next film. Don't like the way it took most of the film to lead up to where it left off in the 2nd one, talking to Landy from the window "get some rest, you look tired". Did like the nod to the first film when Bourne says "look at what they make you give" like the assassin at the end of Identity says. Had hoped the shaky camera stuff would have been ditched, it's what made the 2nd film unique from the first one for me. Needed something new and clever for this latest installement to stand out but failed to deliver. I suspect the sequels will get worse as time progresses, dissappointing. Think Bond has the edge for time being. That's my tuppence anyway

Just read BillHickRIP's post, and yeah, thought at the time that Bourne floating in the water at the end tied in well with the beginning of the 1st film, although this was quickly spoiled by Nicky's cheesy grin and Bourne flapping stupidly about in the water following the announcement that no body had been found. What was better admittedly was that the entire way through the film you are given clues that perhaps David Webb was forced/brainwashed into the assassin role against his will, such as Landy reading the report that said he initially showed signs of reluctance and the flashback scenes where he is hooded and water-tortured, but in the end it all boiled down to his choice. Nice. Still, thought it relied too much on borrowing from the other two films and not enough originality in this one.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Agreed watched it and forgot it already
can't believe that guy says this is the best film he's ever seen
can't get out much then.
I have watched apocalypse now about 30 times and it gets better and better.
Best film i have seen this year is 28 weeks later.

Soldato
It's a good evening's entertainment. Not as deep in the script department (a bit wooden) as the previous ones but a reasonable film.

[Team America] MATT DAMON [/Team America]

Soldato
C64 said:
can't believe that guy says this is the best film he's ever seen
can't get out much then.
I have watched apocalypse now about 30 times and it gets better and better.
Hang on.. You're saying I need to get out more because I watched a film (that you didn't like) and enjoyed it more than I have done any other film? All I can say to that is :rolleyes:

Then you go onto say that you think 28 Weeks Later is your favourite film of the year? :confused:

I love film, it's one of my favourite pass times. I can watch the same film every night for two weeks and enjoy it each time. I can enjoy a film for many different aspects, and for many different reasons. I've seen a lot of films, but this.. This is my favourite out of all of them. And if you didn't like it, then fair enough. But don't tell me to get out more just because I did.

Soldato
C64 said:

Are you serious, or pulling our legs?
28 weeks later was sub average in my eyes (and my girlfriends), after about an hour I was bored out of my mind by the monotony and just couldn't wait to leave the cinema. Suppose the deserted aerial shots were pretty cool, but that's definitely where my interest started and ended.

As for the Bourne film it was non stop action throughout and I thought it was a great watch, really entertaining. Definitely up there with Zodiac for my favourites of '07.

Caporegime
jakeke said:
As for the Bourne film it was non stop action throughout and I thought it was a great watch, really entertaining. Definitely up there with Zodiac for my favourites of '07.
You sir, have good taste :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Man of Honour
Saw this on Saturday, and although I think I've seen the first two I couldn't really remember em.

Fantastic film, I thought. Bit too much shakey cam action going on was one of my first impressions, but after a few mins of it I didn't really notice - Only when Nicky and Bourne were talking in some cafe thing (I think).

Best film I've seen this year.

Soldato
naffa said:
Hang on.. You're saying I need to get out more because I watched a film (that you didn't like) and enjoyed it more than I have done any other film? All I can say to that is :rolleyes:

Nothing more irritating than people who insult others just because they dont like the same things as them, he did exactly the same thing in the transformers thread.

I guess we're just not good enough for him??

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw this last night. Fantastic, really liked it. What a great trilogy...with the prospect of more to come.

Far from being the 'best film ever' is was certainly very, very good. Shakey cam added nothing to the film, quite the opposite...i was sat there wishing it would calm the hell down!

Fight scenes were as brilliant as i had hoped they would be...**** SPOILER COMING ****

The fight scene with the dude in Morocco (i think) involving the book was supreme!! So cool. And little touches like where he is running across the rooftops snatching clothes off the clothes lines and uses them to vault over the glass!

8/10. Trilogy 8/10 too. Could watch them many times over.

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
You probably deserved it in that thread, Transformers was POOP. ;) :) But let's keep it on topic.

it wasnt directed at me in the transformers thread, i was just trying to make a point(i guess i worded the last part a bit wrong)

i dont think i could give an unbiased opinion on how good transformers was as i was so angry when i went to see it that the film was ruined for me before it even started and i really cant be bothered to watch it again

saw this again today and it wasnt as good as the first time :( not really unexpected though

Back
Top Bottom