Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Good idea! A couple of those (what, 5 or 10L?) would be fairly cheap as well I'm guessing.

They aren't too expensive, a decent brand like Kwayzer with will £10-12 or so. Probably need 10 or 15L, not too sure.

Just bought a DAS 6 Meg kit as I'm looking to get the Civic n Polo shining again with minimal swirlies. Thanks in advance.

1- Snowfoam
2- Rinse off with pressure washer
3- Shampoo wash
4- Clay
5- Decon (fallout remover, tar and glue remover)
6- Shampoo wash
7 - Dry off
8- Panel wipe
9- DA: MEGUIARS Ultra Cut 105 + Wipe down
10- DA: MEGUIARS Finishing Polish 205 + Wipe down
11- DA: MEGUIARS MICROFIBER FINISHING WAX

3 - Not sure what to buy for this? The only wash I have at the minute is Megs ultimate wash and wax but I probably dont want to be applying wax before trying to cut with DA?

The clay bar would remove the wax as will the panel wipe. Alternatives would be any shampoo that doesnt have a wax element to it - plenty of options. Gold Class if you want to stick with Megs, or Bilt Hamer Auto Wash otherwise.

Soldato
Has anyone used Carplan Triplewax Liquid Gold Shampoo before? It's supposed to be self drying once rinsed therefore I'm tempted to grab a bottle to see what it's like as sometimes I put off washing the car due to the drying process.

Soldato
They aren't too expensive, a decent brand like Kwayzer with will £10-12 or so. Probably need 10 or 15L, not too sure.

1- Snowfoam
3- Shampoo wash
4- Clay
6- Shampoo wash
7 - Dry off
8- Panel wipe

The clay bar would remove the wax as will the panel wipe. Alternatives would be any shampoo that doesnt have a wax element to it - plenty of options. Gold Class if you want to stick with Megs, or Bilt Hamer Auto Wash otherwise.
Panel wipe is used after polishing and before waxing

Soldato
Should be used before each compounding/polishing step, and if you're polishing in an exposed area its a good thing to use post-washing and prior to starting each panel to ensure there is no dust or particles on the paint that will produce marring when run over by the polisher.

Associate
1- Snowfoam
3- Shampoo wash
4- Clay
6- Shampoo wash
7 - Dry off
8- Panel wipe

Shouldn't the fallout removal be before the claying? This way you are removing some of the crap the clay would pick up during the process, possibly increasing the life of the bar due to reduced contaminants..

Soldato
Either or, I'd rather use less horrible chemicals personally. Given the relative costs I'd also rather minimise the usage of said products too as clay is much cheaper.

Associate
You don't want to be removing it without dissolving it first, the best i have used is Meguiar's bug and tar remover, Spray it on leave 5-10 minutes and it will just wipe away. Trust me it works living by the sea is a nightmare with seagulls.

Went to use mine today i leave it in the boot in a bag with some coats, The mrs isn't going to be happy this extreme heat has made the bottle split and its all over the coats.:o

Permabanned
@mjt worry not its black will haev sut all over it by time u wake up tomorrow :D
Lets see Sorted anoying sliding carpet in boot.
3.jpg

And did rear bumper mod. Was planing a difuser but seen this at japfest and I like it more
1.jpg

2.jpg

Does not look as plain on ass department :)

And added 2 more JustSaiyan stuickers taht I found in garage when cleaning :)

Associate
Hey Guys, just signed up n going through some threads.

I have a couple of Yanks, 1 of which lives outside so is always in need of cleaning, though not driven much. I live in a flat overlooking a river and trees. All the dust, crap n bugs come off the trees straight on my dark grey mettalic truck. I regulary wash, clean, polish but in there isnt much shade so its getting way too warm to complete some of the steps you suggest. I have access to an outside tap with good preasure but no power for a jet wash.

I recently washed & dried it, then clay barred it all (all 21' !) in the shade. The sun was starting to come round when I startedto apply Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Jeez what a load of hard work (Im not new to car cleaning). It wouldnt buff off without leaving hazing ect. Total crap compared with the Auto Glym super resin polish I always used. Now am I doing something wrong, or is it just crap polish ?
I got a huge amount of Meguiars products for birthday ect, so would prefer to use it up rather than buy other products. I still have AG HD wax but was trying to use the Meguiars system.

Whats ya thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom