1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Discussion in 'Motors' started by wassap, 20 Jun 2008.

1. dacads

Capodecina

You can dry the car then use it

Or use it as a drying aid

Both ways you spray it onto the car

2. iMacMart

Capodecina

Cheapest place to buy a Nilfisk is Amazon looking g at the 120c model as my Karcher is leaking and I think the internal motor is shot as it sounds like it's turning on and off every few seconds

3. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

I understand when to use it but I mean how to use it step by step? I sprayed it onto a dry panel and moved it around abit before buffing off but it just didn't seem to buff off well. I had polished my girls car which left a nice gloss but after the BSD it wasn't as nice.

4. Haze

Mobster

Hi, thought i would get up a quick review as i have used it a few times now. The 1st time i used it, i had a play with all the settings and the snow foam lance and used the supplied bucket, i managed to get through about 4/5 buckets of water before i killed the battery off.
    Now i just use the lance and add a little snowfoam to the bucket so it comes out a bit foamy, i have switched back to using my normal bucket, and can washdown the whole car (not roof) with two buckets of water and only use about 1/2 the battery life, the reason i dont do the roof, is the lack of water it sprays out, so it just tends to make all the muck sit on the roof.
    I have been waiting for my car to get a bit mucky before i did some before and after pics

The Kit

[​IMG]

Some Before and after pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

Had another go with BSD on my own car today with a better microfiber only doing a small area at a time and all looks good.

6. On Holiday

Soldato

x

Last edited: 21 Feb 2021
  7. sigma

Capodecina

Drying/curing too quickly, due to the heat I guess.

8. 57peppershaker

Associate

Spent 4 hours this morning washing & polishing before it started to get too hot & no shade. I will wait till 7.00 then start HD wax.

9. 57peppershaker

Associate

Is there an easy way to post pics on here ?

10. Kenai

Capodecina

Use imgur and I think it gives you bbcode links to paste in

11. dacads

Capodecina

I'm guessing it was a thicker one?

12. Maxeh

Wise Guy

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've ventured into this thread so I'm after some quick advice on a few bits of kit to get me started again.

For around £100 where would your money go on the essentials? Just the bits I will use at home to keep on top of the grime! Overall the paint is pretty decent so no need to worry about correction equipment.

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I really like Meguiar’s Mirror Bright pack, it is a good starting point with all the basics.

http://www.slamsanctuary.com/tag/meguiars-mirror-bright-review/

Halfords often has it with discount too.

14. sigma

Capodecina

15. iMacMart

Capodecina

16. dacads

Capodecina

+1 can't go wrong with bilt hamber top quality

I use their wheel cleaner , shampoo and clay bars

17. wigster

Wise Guy

Sunday's Top Tip:)

When i had a service done on my car i don't know why but the mechanic wrote on top of the air filter housing with some kind of white pen saying what had been done:mad: i tried to get it off with white vinegar it would of taken hours to get it off, then i remembered someone telling me ages ago that wd40 is good at getting rid off things, tried a small amount and i cant believe how good wd40 is, it took it off in under a minute.:)

18. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

I used one that was more absorbent. The one I used on my girls car was cheaper and just didn't absorb anything which any excess was left on the panel and streaked. Gave the car 2-3 coats I'm total.

19. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Guys can any of you recommend a decent portable washer? There's no chance of getting the house around mine and the neighbours house so i'm looking for something portable to rinse the car off after i've washed it.

[​IMG]

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6167480

Would that be O.K or are there better alternatives?

20. wigster

Wise Guy

If you just want to rinse of the car then a watering can will be fine. Have you watched a video on that one?

Last edited: 22 Jul 2018