Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Also don't damage the rest of the metal body when trying to clamp it in a vice or anything to hold it tight so you can undo that bit

Speaking from experience lol

There's a good strip down video on youtube if you want to clean the gauze out inside while you're taking bits apart (admittedly you're not taking that bit apart, but you can do! :) )

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just ordered a couple new bits to give the new car a good polish/wax.

Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish
Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax

So got some time to use these. They were very easy to apply, and the results look good to me.

As soon as I finished, it rained for some beading :)

beading.jpg

Soldato
Not sure if the Nilfisk C110 is the go to pressure washer, but it seems to be at an all time low price on Amazon currently, £49.99

Really tempted to buy one, just in time for the hose pipe ban to come into effect :D

Soldato
Great price, and honestly after owning mine for 2 1/2 years, can't see a reason to have anything else.
Agreed, I've had mine over 3 years, paid £60 for it at the time (it came with a silly rotating wheel brush that I've never used, and a patio cleaner attachment which I have used), and it's been great. If I'm being picky, my only complaint is that the standard hose it comes with isn't long enough to go around the whole car without moving the washer all the time, and it's not an especially flexible hose either.

Soldato
Not sure if the Nilfisk C110 is the go to pressure washer, but it seems to be at an all time low price on Amazon currently, £49.99

Really tempted to buy one, just in time for the hose pipe ban to come into effect :D

Yeah it's worth getting the auto nozzle too which isn't included unfortunately

Soldato
Looking for a microfibre drying towel and after my own research I've narrowed it down to the Autofinesse Aqua Deluxe (500mm x 700mm - 1200GSM) at £12.95... Should I consider anything else over the above?

Associate
Looking for a microfibre drying towel and after my own research I've narrowed it down to the Autofinesse Aqua Deluxe (500mm x 700mm - 1200GSM) at £12.95... Should I consider anything else over the above?
Klin Korea Duo.

Not related to the above, and I know Auto Finesse stuff is hit and miss, but their “Complete Protection Kit” is on sale in Halfords for 25 quid at present, so I thought I’d see what it’s like, as haven’t used any of their stuff before.

Comes with:
Shampoo
Clay Bar
Clay Lube
Polish
Wax
Couple of applicators and MF cloths

25 quid is probably the cost of the CB on its own, so if the rest of it’s crap, I’m not too fussed.

Soldato
Klin Korea Duo.

Not related to the above, and I know Auto Finesse stuff is hit and miss, but their “Complete Protection Kit” is on sale in Halfords for 25 quid at present, so I thought I’d see what it’s like, as haven’t used any of their stuff before.

Comes with:
Shampoo
Clay Bar
Clay Lube
Polish
Wax
Couple of applicators and MF cloths

25 quid is probably the cost of the CB on its own, so if the rest of it’s crap, I’m not too fussed.

I'd probably get lost in that drying towel!

I might pop down to the local Halfords and give the Auto Finesse kit a go.

Edit: My dads birthday's coming up towards the end of August and he's mentioned wanting to claybar his car so could be a nice gift and i'll get to use the products on my car too. :D

Soldato
So got some time to use these. They were very easy to apply, and the results look good to me.

As soon as I finished, it rained for some beading :)

beading.jpg

Beading is all good and well, but as soon as the sun dries the water = water spots everywhere.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Massive bird poo on the bumper (width of the number plate!)
Unfortunately it's been there for about 3 weeks now. What's the best way of removing it? Read something about a hairdryer in the Golf thread..

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Hairdryers can on occasion reduce the effect of the etching. To remove, soak a paper towel and place over it for a couple of mins, then pressure wash off.
On a previous car I used the paper towel to wipe it off. Won't be doing that again ;D

Associate
To remove backed on bird poo i use Meguiar's bug and tar remover, spray on leave it for 2-5minutes and then it will just wipe off, living by the seaside you need this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom