Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
interesting, thanks :)
im just going going by what the YT channel "Forensic Detailing" suggested, they (and i would agree) you want something that will last 6-8 months, so you don't have to reapply the protection as often, good for winter months (which is what i was thinking of mainly)

Soldato
Over the winter months I'd definitely look at something long lasting as you're less likely to be washing it often + it'll be getting dirtier. In the spring/summer months I think there's a bit more leeway to use something easier to apply often instead of spending ages with a paste wax. Personally I hate applying hard/paste waxes, so my opinion is biased :)

Man of Honour
What do people recommend for snow foam these days?

I have used the Autobrite Magi foam which always seemed to foam well when used with their lance but last week I used it for first time in a while and the lance seemed to no longer foam as it used too, getting large drops of stuff not the nice fine spray I remember. I adjusted all I could but no difference. Thoughts?

Soldato

I have used the Autobrite Magi foam which always seemed to foam well when used with their lance but last week I used it for first time in a while and the lance seemed to no longer foam as it used too, getting large drops of stuff not the nice fine spray I remember. I adjusted all I could but no difference. Thoughts?

Bilt Hamber Magifoam seems to be favourite. But it sounds like your lance could be little clogged up. There's a small metal gauze filter inside which affects the mixture, if it gets clogged with limescale, it can lead to a weaker, rather anaemic spray. Depending on the lance make (I have a clean your car.com one), you can take the lance apart, and replace the filter...or, do what I did and just leave it to soak in something like lemon juice overnight. Its only a tiny little thing.

EDIT: beaten.

Man of Honour
Bilt Hamber Magifoam seems to be favourite. But it sounds like your lance could be little clogged up. There's a small metal gauze filter inside which affects the mixture, if it gets clogged with limescale, it can lead to a weaker, rather anaemic spray. Depending on the lance make (I have a clean your car.com one), you can take the lance apart, and replace the filter...or, do what I did and just leave it to soak in something like lemon juice overnight. Its only a tiny little thing.

EDIT: beaten.
To be fair the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner is really good.

Soldato
To be fair the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner is really good.

Yep. Also, typo, my bad...its Bilt Hamber Autofoam (Magifoam is the Autobrite stuff). I'm using Magifoam at the moment, it makes a thicker foam than the Bilt Hamber stuff. In terms of cleaning power, I haven't noticed a huge difference, but the Bilt Hamber is cheaper I think.

Soldato
I'm having no luck with 8 Below. Either strips all my LSP (1:10), hugely degrades my LSP (1:15), or doesn't even vaguely touch the traffic film (1:20). It seems to have a rubbish dwell time, regardless of dilution, and dries rapidly on the car.

Caporegime

If you have the foam lance that looks like it is made out of pluming parts it can be taken apart and there is a metal gauze filter inside. Stick it in a cup of cilit bang or something similar and leave it overnight. I ended up just buying a pack of them as they can be found online.

As for foam I used to use Magi foam but find Bilt Hamber auto foam far better at actually removing dirt. It does foam but isn't "instagram" in the way it looks on the car but does the job so to speak.

This video explains it well. He does waffle on a bit so just skip through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom