1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Discussion in 'Motors' started by wassap, 20 Jun 2008.

1. Havana_UK

Mobster

Hey, I bought Swisstrax flooring for my garage which is really amazing top quality stuff, so I'm sure your stuff is also great! :)

2. Housey

Man of Honour

It arrived this morning.

[​IMG]

3. LiE

Capodecina

It was a good morning for cleaning.

4. Housey

Man of Honour

I spent 3 hours last night cleaning the car :)

5. Muska

Wise Guy

I've only ever used PNEU tyre dressing from Swissvax, very impressed and a really nice matt finish after a couple of coats. It just doesn't last used in wet weather.

I know their waxes are held in high regard.

6. LiE

Capodecina

Nice! I just got in from 2 hours of cleaning.

7. Housey

Man of Honour

I wouldn't have bothered replacing what I have to be honest, but searching for stuff on Matt paints bought these to my attention so thought I would give them a go. Will let you know how they work.

8. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Make sure you don't use them on the mats though, yeah? :D

9. Housey

Man of Honour

Wait, what, it says Matt I just assumed it was spelt rong?

10. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Atleast it wasn't satin...

11. Krakkenbus

Gangster

I've no idea what the setup is to be honest, I just knew he was located in or around Sheffield. Getting rid of minor swirling yourself isnt too difficult (usually). You could even use a decent filling glaze like KKD regloss to "hide" the majority of it.

12. pallys

Wise Guy

13. Richy888

Wise Guy

My mrs has ‘grazed’ the front wing of her Mini Countryman on a wooden post. She ‘fessed up and asked me to take a look. Told her it was very superficial and would probably polish out ....... with a polisher. Wasn’t really a hint but she bought me a Tacklife DA polisher. Seems a decent thing though with no experience I’ll grab a car wing on farm scrap heap and practice on that first :eek:

14. scrivz69

Wise Guy

15. Conscript

Sgarrista

Checked the water coming through my Raceglaze tonight and found that it's back up to about the TDS reading is back up to 290ppm. I had noticed a few more water spots appearing recently, but that's pretty much what it is without filtration. Guess a combination of too much washing and the exceptionally hard water in my area have done for it...bought it in May last year, so not quite a full year.

Any advice of where best to buy replacement resin? It's £45 for 7 litres from Raceglaze, but I'm guessing it's a generic resin which might be cheaper elsewhere.

16. robj20

Capodecina

Anyone find a product that actually works to remove those white marks on black textured plastic. I've tried a fair few and they might look better for a few days then it fades and the marks are back.

17. scrivz69

Wise Guy

The white on plastics is usually dried polish and it's terrible to get off, the best thing I have used and it works is a pencil rubber that you used in school, give it a try.

18. VaderDSL

Capodecina

Can't speak personally, having never used it. But if I search for MB115 resin I can find a lot of 25litre options for £80, so around £3.20 per litre, compared to the £6.40ish from raceglaze? In fact the 25litre option from raceglze is £150.

19. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Managed to wash both cars today. Autobrite SPRINTS on the IPACE last wash to just a towel dry was enough for the colour to really pop in the sun. Still a game with water spots so got some magiseal to try in their sale. MINI wants another coat of abyss now as I did it last time in March last year. Does makes washing so much easier when paint is protected.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Your hose pipe looks like someone has drawn a penis on your drive.