Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Few bits arrived today.

Valet Pro - Citrus Wash
Valet Pro - Bilberry
Vikan Face Wheel Brush
Meguires Supreme Wheel Brush
Gyeon Wet Coat

I’ve seen Wet Coat mentioned previously by a few members so thought I would ask the best method of applying?

Now I know the instructions state lightly mist and rinse off with a pressure washer but also seen a fair few people agree that wiping over with a wet Microfibre/Wash Mitt to evenly distribute the product for better results?

I imagine I can’t go to wrong with either method but worth asking.

Soldato
Haven’t really washed my car properly in ages. So took all the wheels off to clean. Iron X then Autobrite wheel cleaner on wheels.
DujKPrj.jpg lC7pJJX.jpg fLuXJxe.jpg Lkau9TY.jpg
autobrite gloss super sheen did the engine well. Need to wash the rest of car.

any other engine cleaners? I’m impressed with how black and Matt the plastics came up

That's a right result. Nice work

Soldato
I'm needing some new snowfoam and a polish.

I have been impressed with some of the Autobrite product I've had and know they have a sale on however it is 3 for 2 on Autoglym at Halfords and I can also get 10% Bluelight discount.

The main reason I need the polish is to cut back some slight oxidisation on the caravan roof... Autobrite renew seems to have done the trick for the black marks however I'm thinking maybe a medium compound might be better?

What level of cutting would you say the Super Resin Polish is? Similar to the renew or slightly more aggressive?

Thoughts on the Polar Wash Pre wash from autoglym?

For all cars/caravan I've been using a TFR non Caustic snowfoam, dry and then use the Cherry Glaze with a Spritz of Project 64 on top. Never really use a soap and bucket so anything to help with the wash stage is appreciated.

Associate
I'm needing some new snowfoam and a polish.

I have been impressed with some of the Autobrite product I've had and know they have a sale on however it is 3 for 2 on Autoglym at Halfords and I can also get 10% Bluelight discount.

The main reason I need the polish is to cut back some slight oxidisation on the caravan roof... Autobrite renew seems to have done the trick for the black marks however I'm thinking maybe a medium compound might be better?

What level of cutting would you say the Super Resin Polish is? Similar to the renew or slightly more aggressive?

Thoughts on the Polar Wash Pre wash from autoglym?

For all cars/caravan I've been using a TFR non Caustic snowfoam, dry and then use the Cherry Glaze with a Spritz of Project 64 on top. Never really use a soap and bucket so anything to help with the wash stage is appreciated.

I use Polar Blast (Pre-Wash/Snowfoam) and it's really good. Thick and sticks to the car easily.

Alternatively Bilt Hamber snow foam is also good!

Soldato
The old Mini was well overdue a wash.

uc

uc

uc

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for the reccomendations so far anyway...pics of the caravan after having the first wash since November having collected from Storage.

I used the last of Jennychem Snowstorm TFR
Rinsed
Polished with the last of Autobrite Renew (ran out for the roof!)
Layer of Cherry Glaze
Layer of Project 64
Layer of Astonish Spray & Shine as a quick detailer

A few before and after below:

coAWBVS.jpg

hhV3xec.jpg

XouwvHz.jpg

h7Vw7py.jpg

5HQgsA3.jpg

xIF7xPy.jpg

qPoR3p1.jpg

Soldato
Thanks for the reccomendations so far anyway...pics of the caravan after having the first wash since November having collected from Storage.

I used the last of Jennychem Snowstorm TFR
Rinsed
Polished with the last of Autobrite Renew (ran out for the roof!)
Layer of Cherry Glaze
Layer of Project 64
Layer of Astonish Spray & Shine as a quick detailer

A few before and after below:

that’s a good effort! How long were you on that?

Soldato
that’s a good effort! How long were you on that?

2-3 hours maybe... The products I've used and the protection it was given last year before going into storage obviously does a great job. I think this is a good example of how the sealants/spray waxes really protect.

Stood for 5month on a working farm (which also does caravan storage) and took in my opinion minimal effort to get it back up to scratch. Just could do with a better polish as I wasn't that impressed with Autobrite renew.

Associate
I usually use magifoam and there was none left today so it was either the polar blast or auto finesse avalanche foam, went for the latter, it was ok foam wise maybe used wrong mix but the car was spotless

Man of Honour
Have to say I have recently bought Poorboy's trim restorer gel --which is actually more liquid than gel-- and used a small amount on my tyres last week and to this day it's still got the matte lustre which I much prefer to anything "wet look" or shiny.

Poorboys-Trim-Restore_on_tyres.jpg

You only need to put a dab on a sponge side of a kitchen scouring pad and then run it along. It spreads super easy (lol) and dries to what you see in the pic above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom