Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Been looking for a pressure washer the last few days and settled on the k4 compact currently on Amazon for £133.

Just need some fallout remover which I found out yesterday that it’s not meant for cleaning dirty wheels. :eek:

Was about to pull the trigger on purple rain when it was on for £5 at Amazon.

Soldato
I purchase some AD purple rain as it was being sold on Amazon for just over £5 so thought I'd give the car a quick wash before it got to hot.

Really impressed with the product and has cleaned the wheels great.

Also I posted about GUNK TFR as it was £6 for 5L of the stuff, so used that today in the snowfoam gun and again really impressed. The process today as follows:

Purple rain wheels
After 5 min I snowfoamed the entire car with the GUNK.
Left 5 minutes and pressure washed.
Contact wash using some cheap cherry shampoo
Rinse
Dry
Finished with Astonish Spray n Shine

I've recently bought a rotary polisher and some G3 polish. The car is having a big service this month which includes cambelt and water pump, DSG oil change and it's also had 2 new tyres so thought I'd give it a polish in a few weeks time as I've never polished the car in the 6 years I've had it!

Anyway results from today:

9PznI3O.jpg
GuHiC0x.jpg
N6UDO4A.jpg

Associate
Update to this - tried the colour lock dye in their matched BMW Opal White... Colour came out looking more yellow/egg shell then white and I'd say the seats look a lot worse now... Customer support so far has been woeful, with the only advice they have suggested is to "shake the can" which I had done so prior to the first application and in between coats...

PXL-20210713-151340182-2.jpg

Apologies for the poor pic - had to scrub off the poor colour match from the "colour lock' dye - I tried to be as gentle as possible (using carpro inside) but once the old dye came off it increased the damaged area and the seats looked pretty bad.

Tried my luck and ordered a opal white dye from "scratch doctor" on eBay - much better colour match (it's actually white). Couldn't do a spot repair as there is a slight difference in sheen and I couldn't blend it, so I pained the entire bottom seat and it's came out nicely

Underboss
normally wash the car and use the soap to do my alloys, but if i just wanted to give my wheels a clean now and again (because of brake dust of course)
what PH neutral alloy wheel cleaner would you recommend ? (so wont corrode the alloys overtime)
i might check out the Bilt Hamber one ...

Soldato
I purchase some AD purple rain as it was being sold on Amazon for just over £5 so thought I'd give the car a quick wash before it got to hot.

Really impressed with the product and has cleaned the wheels great.

Also I posted about GUNK TFR as it was £6 for 5L of the stuff, so used that today in the snowfoam gun and again really impressed. The process today as follows:

Purple rain wheels
After 5 min I snowfoamed the entire car with the GUNK.
Left 5 minutes and pressure washed.
Contact wash using some cheap cherry shampoo
Rinse
Dry
Finished with Astonish Spray n Shine

I've recently bought a rotary polisher and some G3 polish. The car is having a big service this month which includes cambelt and water pump, DSG oil change and it's also had 2 new tyres so thought I'd give it a polish in a few weeks time as I've never polished the car in the 6 years I've had it!

Anyway results from today:
9PznI3O.jpg
GuHiC0x.jpg
N6UDO4A.jpg

Looks good, like that colour as well, what does Skoda call it?

Associate
normally wash the car and use the soap to do my alloys, but if i just wanted to give my wheels a clean now and again (because of brake dust of course)
what PH neutral alloy wheel cleaner would you recommend ? (so wont corrode the alloys overtime)
i might check out the Bilt Hamber one ...

Checkout garage therapy wheel shampoo.. Has a bit more bite than your normal shampoo but not as harsh as a wheel cleaner... Since I've started using it I've not had to use anything stronger like Bilt hamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom