Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify what is going on with my wings. It looks like ingrained water marks to some extent, I've attempted some polishing and it has improved the situation but they're still visible at certain angles. If anyone has any tips on how to remove them it would be appreciated.

Before
r7hD9IH.jpg

Post Polish - still need to get rid of the holograms, you can sort of see them at the top inside of the wing.

xSWKUlo.jpg

Soldato
Gave the car a quick wash this evening once the sun had gone down as I wanted to apply a new sealant I picked up ready for the thunder storms we are forecast!

Found it very easy to apply and buff off but I made sure to apply the product extremely thin, less is more and all that.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Gave the car a quick wash this evening once the sun had gone down as I wanted to apply a new sealant I picked up ready for the thunder storms we are forecast!

Found it very easy to apply and buff off but I made sure to apply the product extremely thin, less is more and all that.

That looks like a Japanese-only PS2 racing sim.

Soldato
Can anyone recommened a place in Stoke or surrounding area to have my car de-scratched and polished prior to sale? Im actually a bit north of stoke but there isnt much in this area. One guy qutoed me for the job then went quiet so obviously doesnt want it.

Soldato
Been looking for a pressure washer the last few days and settled on the k4 compact currently on Amazon for £133.

Just need some fallout remover which I found out yesterday that it’s not meant for cleaning dirty wheels. :eek:

Was about to pull the trigger on purple rain when it was on for £5 at Amazon.

I use dragons breath, its more like a Gel so you can use a brush and agitate it well all over the wheel.

I found the sprays had quite a lot of waste, especially if windy, half the spray would be gone

it still turns purple and works well

Associate
Can anyone recommened a place in Stoke or surrounding area to have my car de-scratched and polished prior to sale? Im actually a bit north of stoke but there isnt much in this area. One guy qutoed me for the job then went quiet so obviously doesnt want it.

Is Staffordshire Car Care in Rugeley too far from your location?

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify what is going on with my wings. It looks like ingrained water marks to some extent, I've attempted some polishing and it has improved the situation but they're still visible at certain angles. If anyone has any tips on how to remove them it would be appreciated.

Before

Post Polish - still need to get rid of the holograms, you can sort of see them at the top inside of the wing.

As someone else said, looks like tree sap to me. Best bet is to remove as much as you can with a circus based pre-wash such as Samson Primus, then try a dedicated tree sap remover for really tough areas. If you're going to polish, I would say clay before so you don't have any ingrained particles in the clear coat that the polish can lift and spread across your paint.

Soldato
Anyone tried Bilt Hamber Autowash, and if so, what did you think of it?

I wanted to give the car a quick wash this afternoon, but had finished my Meguair's Gold Class shampoo last week. So I started on the BH Autowash bottle I'd ordered last month. It only came in a 500ml bottle, but it only requires 5ml in 10 litres of water. You'd think then that it would be quite thick, almost gel like, but it's very thin.

Instructions say 5ml in a bucket then fill with hot running water to a max of 10 litres. I did this, but it still looked a bit anaemic - but, if it's anything like Autofoam, I thought that perhaps thick suds wasn't the best indicator of performance.

However, when I went to apply it to the bodywork, it was terribly thin - it was almost as if I'd just used plain water, there was very little "soaping" action to speak of. As I said, I usually wouldn't worry too much about looks; but for washing, it seems to me that it's the action of touching the paint with the wash mitt that's the key cleaner, so really a shampoo just provide decent suds to keep it lubricated. This, however, was terribly thin, it didn't feel "slick".

The car was actually pretty clean as I'd done it last week, and the main aim was just to give the bumper and windscreen a going over to get rid of the summer bugs, so I did that. I then decided to mix up another bucket and give the whole car another wash. This time, I used probably double the amount of the first bucket, and then half filled it with running water. I then took it outside and filled the rest using the jet nozzle on the hose. This seemed to work better - it frothed up much more and gave some longer last suds, which felt better when used to wash. However, unlike Meg's Gold Class, where you can apply it to the paint and it seems to stay quite thickly on the bodywork, this was still pretty thin. It just didn't feel like it was giving a nice thick solution to keep the wash mitt lubricated.

Anyone else find this? I will persevere with it - perhaps it just needs a stringer concentration (although that will mean the bottle won't last as long), but I was a little disappointed, having been previously very happy with BH stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use auto wash, it definitely doesn’t lather up like most other shampoo. And agreed it does seem a little watery, can’t complain on how well it cleans, compared to others, but agreed it feels less lubricating than others I’ve used.

I too might switch shampoo once I’ve finished the bottle just for a change. But I think it’s basically par for the course with BH, their products do tend to foam less etc. But perform just as well, or better.

however a nice foamy shampoo just feels better when washing the car in my preference

Associate
Ooh yeah it is a bit, it'll be filthy by the time I get back up the M6. Looks good though I'll keep it in mind

I've just noticed your location is Manchester.

You could have a look on detailing world forum, I'm sure there must be a few professional detailers from your area who advertise there.

Regarding Built Hamber Autowash, I've used it in the past. It's good value and a little does go a long way but if suds are your thing then you're going to be disappointed but it cleaned well enough for me.

The best shampoo I've used (& continue to use) is CarPro Reset

Soldato
When it comes to car shampoo I usually add a random amount or certainly just under double what the bottle suggests and find it gives a soapy and slick lubricating feel.

Though the one I use is PH Neautral

Have you tried adding a reasonable amount more than what is recommended?

Soldato
Regarding Built Hamber Autowash, I've used it in the past. It's good value and a little does go a long way but if suds are your thing then you're going to be disappointed but it cleaned well enough for me.

The best shampoo I've used (& continue to use) is CarPro Reset

I wouldn't mind lack of suds, but it felt so thin that there was no 'slickness'...as I said, it felt like I was just using plain water. Didn't inspire much confidence.

I may try Reset next.

When it comes to car shampoo I usually add a random amount or certainly just under double what the bottle suggests and find it gives a soapy and slick lubricating feel.

Though the one I use is PH Neautral

Have you tried adding a reasonable amount more than what is recommended?

On the second attempt, I did put a bit more in, although not a huge amount. I think the key is to agitate it using a strong jet from the hose. Next time I'll use a stronger mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom