1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The conspiracy and the conspiracy theorist - Why

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by KingOfAquitaine, 5 May 2006.

1. KingOfAquitaine

Gangster

Researching Mass Hysteria (Ironically) I came across a book called "encounters with the paranormal". After getting the notes I needed and with time to kill I skipped to a few chapters that looked interesting, in this case about satanic cults.

What I read was astounding and at *** same time shocking - not the theories people had, but the fact they believed them and the way they interacted.

Apparently satanic cults, often farming children, and killing over 4,000 children a year, 800 alone in the US. This has actually been going on for some time, for reference see the James Woods film about the daycare centre (can't remember the name), but somewhere along the way this has conmbined with seemingly all the most popular ones.

so

All the worlds leaders, are having satanic orgies with children - mutilation, rape, sacrifice, all the good stuff - because the CIA needs damaged children so it can control their minds. Along with the funding provided by THE WHOLE OF THE COUNTRY MUSIC INDUSTRY, this will allow the New World Order, the Jews (always with the Jews), to take over America; who will subsiquently ban the carrying of firearms and introduce a cashless society.

Ok, so my rant. WHY GOD WHY WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.

I'm done

2. Thing

Gangster

Reminds me of Hellraiser. "Oh so you yanks had a leader who listened to the wrong people. We had a PM who was actually demonically posessed."

OK, much as some would like to think that about Thatcher it's still pretty silly.

Sometimes stuff does actually fit together but other stuff is just loons with too much time on their hands.

Although a commie jewish conspiracy running the Country Music industry might make sense...

3. KingOfAquitaine

Gangster

A lot of theories 'make sense'. I mean the US has a powerful jewish lobby that supports US support for israel, but that doesn't lead to the kabal of child raping supermen.

Always subtle racism in a lot "they want blond haired blued eyed girls' etc

4. Thing

Gangster

Well I think anyone who argues against there being a powerful Jewish lobby in the US is nuttier than the ones who say this kind of thing.

To be honest, people have believed all sorts of crazy stuff. You want a bottle of milk from the Virgin Mary? There's one around they say...

This is on much the same level as those dubious religious relics but generally the believers of this one are relatively harmless and obvious fruitbats.

5. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Hmmm... Perhaps.

A person or group collectively believes that their environment is 'problematic' and that this cannot change.

Psychologically, they need to find a reason or method of coping, emotionally.

Hence, they need to believe they at least understand the mechanics of a situation, so that they have some conceptual (or active) method of challenging and hence 'controlling' or contributing to the control of what is negative in their environment.

Therefore, a psychological need for ths creates an appeal for a conspiracy theory...

Maybe.

6. KingOfAquitaine

Gangster

Well it has been demonstrated that those who lean towards the conspiracy/para side of life tend to have a lower ambiguity threashold, and that is a reason I suppose for the inital interest.

After that however they seem to snowball, very odd.

Mindset is fascinating. I have a friend who's really into (for want of a better word) conspiracy theories. He points out (correctly) that any information I give is based on what the goverment/organisations have produced, it will only support their view and version over events. This happens anyway from Global conspiracies to crime statistics.

but

When I point out that the books and sites he has read have also selected their information to support their own theory, its denied. "But these are objective" etc

Anyone want to give me funding for research??

7. MookJong

Sgarrista

The problem is the people with the most outlandish theorys seem to sell the most books (David Icke). So this just encourages people to go one better next time and the stories become more and more fantastic. They always try and tie all mysterious events in the world together and look for one soloution or body of people responsible. I think this is a reasurance thing.....the world is a pretty random place people years ago would say "god moves in mysterious ways" to explain the unknown. Now it's the "new world order" that is responsible.

Worringly the theorists have some kind of political agenda themselfs......I see a lot of right wing Christian groups are into the whole New World Oreder thing but they tend to play their religion down. But most of them are pro gun and anti abortion types.

8. anarchist

PermaBanned

It also helps governments that the phrase "conspiracy theory" is automatically linked with denying the moon landings and other such outlandish ideas, because they can then brand anything remotely anti-government as a conspiracy theory and it is then dismissed as being of equal merit to the moon landing denials, i.e. zero.

9. anarchist

PermaBanned