The Crew 2

Associate
I bought my son this last week for his birthday since he loved the first one. I've done q few races/events for him to up his in game money so he can splurge it on the cars he wants and actually really enjoyed it. Playing it on PC on Ultra and it looks absolutely fantastic, though having the framerate locked to 60FPS is a bit of a bummer.

Caporegime
From Digital Foundry

A quick word on frame-rate; the console versions here run at 30fps, with an adaptive v-sync in place. Playing the game's opening missions on all four machines, it's only been the standard Xbox One to flag any real issues. The adaptive v-sync kicks in noticeably, letting the engine render incomplete frames if they exceed a 33ms render budget. But even with that safeguard, it's dropping frames to almost the mid-20s. It's unfortunate, but improved on a base PS4, which suffers fewer drops, though still with some tearing. Expect a much smoother, tearing-free ride on the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro meanwhile - and overall, The Crew 2's ambition feels much better suited to these enhanced machines.

Soldato
Thread necromancy…
I’m guessing from the lack of posts in the console and PC games section that not too many people bother with The Crew 2?
I’d not played in a few months, but gave it a go today to find the newish American Legends stories missions. Did one of them and have to say it was a pretty fun waste of an hour or so. Basically just driving to different map points it gives hints for, and then the final location is an old garage/barn with a classic car.

I know the handling is as far from real as it gets, but as far as content goes Ubisoft did well with this game.

Back
Top Bottom