The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Insurance hunting time.

And not a good start.

Compare the market, cheapest quote £3k, most companies wont even quote due to the value.

Pace ward £2k

Got brokers out looking.
What’s wrong with your current insurer out of interest?

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
OcUK Staff
Insurance hunting time.

And not a good start.

Compare the market, cheapest quote £3k, most companies wont even quote due to the value.

Pace ward £2k

Got brokers out looking.

ManningUK here, £780 per year with track cover and it’s either 5k or 8k miles but it don’t make much difference, also includes insurance on other vehicles upto 150k value and European cover.

Not had to claim but they seem very prompt and helpful the rest of cars are on an admiral multi car policy which was like £1700 for the other five cars combined.

Soldato
Admiral have come back under a grand. Was quite shocked.
Maybe they haven't seen the new drive to make the area look nicer:p. Are you particular young or have not much no claims? (Fwiw I've no idea how much a quote for a car of that value should be, however I'm interested to know so I'm going to visit comiare the market :p).

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Maybe they haven't seen the new drive to make the area look nicer:p. Are you particular young or have not much no claims? (Fwiw I've no idea how much a quote for a car of that value should be, however I'm interested to know so I'm going to visit comiare the market :p).

31. 13 years no claims. No points, no convictions, no speed awareness courses :)

Soldato
Admiral have come back under a grand. Was quite shocked.

That seems very reasonable to me. Nice area or not, I'd have thought a car like that parked on a driveway so close to a public road represents a fairly large risk for the insurer in terms of people wanting to vandalise it etc. Whether it's 1k or 3k, it's a tiny amount compared to the cost of running such a car, so I'd just go with the company who you think will give you the best service in the event of a claim.

Soldato
That's with Admiral. I'm not taking the **** (I think it may have happened with your pics), but maybe your area is a bit rough? That is with a telemetry box though, another 100 quid if you don't want one (which would be my choice).
lol could you imagine being the guy with a ******* Aventador that calls home to report how it is being driven?

Soldato
The thing is, it accelerates so hard and so violently the telemetry would probably have a heart attack by the time I got off the estate :D
I can't think of anything worse than a box reporting how your driving is, it's bad enough hen the kids tell me:cry:. I'll probably get flamed for asking, but I don't think value affects premiumsuch (my thinking being that expense cars are far less common so get crashed, so it comes out in the wash). I'm going with this as the premium when I had a look was less than 3 times what I pay for a 20 grand car (albeit a reasonably quick one).

Soldato
Loads on hire cars driven by the “bros”. Heard of a few get vandalised or crash round my parts. So maybe that’s why the premiums are a little high. To be expected with such a car I guess. Postcode also makes a massive difference.

OcUK Staff
Finally got to see the car in the flesh, even better drive it!

This car you can literally just stand looking at it for hours, curves and vents everywhere, but I do agree with Jon it does need an exhaust which really surprises me as I just thought Jon just wanted to go full obnoxious mode with an exhaust but inside the car it is somewhat muted, so yep look forward to hearing it with the exhaust. :D

Back
Top Bottom