The Custom Painted Everything project - phase 2

Soldato
Mullet said:
Looks superb mate!

What cooling setup u using??

Looks like 1/2" tubing, black ice xtreme 120.2 rad, storm block, aqua extreme 50z pump. Can't see what he has on the (extremely bent :eek: ) graphics card.

btw your sig is too big, 400x75 pixels and 20kb max.

Soldato
OP
Raikiri said:
Looks like 1/2" tubing, black ice xtreme 120.2 rad, storm block, aqua extreme 50z pump. Can't see what he has on the (extremely bent :eek: ) graphics card.

btw your sig is too big, 400x75 pixels and 20kb max.

correct appart from the storm... its a modified / frankenstien Danger Den RBX ( not very modified :p )
tubing is 1/2'' ID - 3/4''OD Tygon Tubing
Maze 4 GPU on the GFX
and a bent card seems to be fairly common... these things are EXTREMLY long, and the power connector off my tagan is quite stiff / tigh fit :|

well this is an early mornign for me.. should be going to see the nice people at the paint suppliers this morning :D

Permabanned
I used to be on a modelling forum (one that makes model airplanes and stuff) and there-were good airbrush airtists there. But your work is amazing! I want to paint this keyboard I have just recieved but I am scared that I might mess it up and I dont have the paint!

I think you need better pictures though! Get that PC outside and turn off flash!

:) Great worklog!

Soldato
OP
Oh god what a day !
early this morning, set off to paitn shop, spend half an hour quing ! chose between 3 models of polisher, brougth it home ficxxed it up, stated polising - great.
go to the second pannel before the spinndle lock buitton pops of, jamming the spinndle !
so that had to go back. had a right carry on in the shop, got my money back, went to the dreaeded machine mart, bought one from there - great :)

got to nannas house, mam was reading the paper and guess what ! - full page machine mart advert, same polisher as id just got - £25 less !
( turned out to be an open boxxed one, so only 3 month waranty so i left it.

jesta said:
Woah mate thats really good.Just wondering how much does your compressor and airbrush cost?it must cost a lot!!!

well, im just investing money in some new supplies / eqipment. lol so i can tell you !
compressor is going to set me back about £300 - belt driven. then a regulater ontop of that price:( ( mine been out of order for months and ive been working off a tiny 2.5 litre one - not fun)

i have several airbrushes... erm well they all cost more than the £200 mark., ones about £300 at the time ! but theres NOTHING worse than a bad airtbrush... its oen of the only cases of a good workman being able to blame his tools.

on top of that is all the apints, masks, primers, alll the other littel sundries.

no pics yet because ive just got back from my travvels, i must finish sortignt hre garage out today / tomorrow THENNN i will finish polishing the pannels !

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
well, im just investing money in some new supplies / eqipment. lol so i can tell you !
compressor is going to set me back about £300 - belt driven. then a regulater ontop of that price:( ( mine been out of order for months and ive been working off a tiny 2.5 litre one - not fun)

i have several airbrushes... erm well they all cost more than the £200 mark., ones about £300 at the time ! but theres NOTHING worse than a bad airtbrush... its oen of the only cases of a good workman being able to blame his tools.
!
over £200 each for one of your airbrushes :eek:
did you start off airbrushing with a £200 one or a cheap £50 one? as you can see im interesting in airbrushing(always have been since seeing my friend customising clothes).

Soldato
OP
jesta said:
over £200 each for one of your airbrushes :eek:
did you start off airbrushing with a £200 one or a cheap £50 one? as you can see im interesting in airbrushing(always have been since seeing my friend customising clothes).

i staretd with a cheap one. then another more expensive ceahp one.
all alomng i just WISH i forked out for a better one to be honest

and good new guys... the paitn work is ... well finished ! .

shal i piost em here now, or wait til tomorrrow to take some day light photoes ? :p

Soldato
OP
i should really take it outside to photgraph buit ill do it after my daily PC duties lol.

So after all the polishing ups and downs, highs and lows... here she is !
finaly005mediumwc1.jpg

the polishing started yesterday and thigns were loookign up
finaly002mediumhp7.jpg

a reminder of what the pannels looked liek before polishing:
clearcoat004medium7uv.jpg

Case assembled, lights off, cathodes on !
finaly007mediumdc8.jpg

a peak at the inside cable tidying madness !!!! 1 1 1 one one one
finalytidymediumka1.jpg

Soldato
OP
and...

finally

after all of this time

its

done

finaly009mediumkl5.jpg

The mesh doesnt photograph well. looks totaly different and crap lol :(
finaly011mediumhs8.jpg

super sized image includign allt he mess:

btw. it seems that the camer want to picvk up every little tiny bit of crap it possibly can. id dust it off if i could see it my self ! lol. ... it also seems to captures red lines around the pannels, ( the red inside the case maybe ? ) but theyre just not there in real life lol

Associate
It looks incredible!

When painting the inside of a case like what you've done, is there a lot of prep work neccessary? I would imagine trying to sand all the little corners and ins and outs is pretty difficult.

Soldato
OP
orderoftheflame said:
Nice :D

is it going to be entered in any competitions? eg magazines or shows?

i dont know of any ! appart from custom PC...
ill giev them a shout. btu theres a lot of modified PC's out there... mine is just one of many lol.

ive just had her down stairs for a photo session ( wow that sounds pro ) so im gonna work on allt he pics today, cropping, chiopping, saving uploading.

is it okay if i post em 1024 x 768 ?

Soldato
OP
Yabsley said:
It looks incredible!

When painting the inside of a case like what you've done, is there a lot of prep work neccessary? I would imagine trying to sand all the little corners and ins and outs is pretty difficult.

scotch brite, then acid etch primer... does exactly what it says on the tin lo. etches into the metal, and almost becomes part of it.

Back
Top Bottom