1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dell 2405 on this weeks special?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by AFK_Matrix, 27 Mar 2006.

1. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

Ok I am seriously tempted to go for this before thursday as its £200 quid off the dell price. I have seen it like £100 pounds cheaper elsewhere but with only 3years warranty so it works out at around £216 per year or if i go for the OCUK one at 4 years warranty its £185 per year which doesn't sound too harsh lol.

Now just had a few questions to clear things up for me once and for all.

First is I am almost positive the Dell 2405 was on special for around £728 but it is now £740?? Was there a sly price rise?? :confused:

Also regarding the 4 years warranty. If say the monitor decided to break down after 3 years does that mean dell will send me a new monitor without charging me? And would that replacement monitor be an old refurbished 2405 or will i be oh so lucky and get a 2407?

Thanks, kind of need an answer if possible before thursday :)

2. jcat98

Hitman

Yes, the price has gone up since I ordered mine on saturday.

As for the details of the warranty - I have no idea - when mine arrives I'll read the small print :)

3. kinggost

Wise Guy

with dell you contact them then its a collect and return so you get one straight away but normaly they refurbs

4. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

wait for the new one to be released which will bump prices down on the old one even more

5. kinggost

Wise Guy

or just get one while you got the money before you get some thing else